The adventures of Marky and Frankie the MF5445 - Born on 09.05.2008

nice one marky.did you do well on the trade in ?were you not tempted to keep both?

f

I didn't trade Fanny in for her... It would be like selling one of my kidneys  :o:D :D

well do some big trucks really need extra spot lights, chrome sun visors, crome exausht stacks NO but why do some people put them on, its what ever the owner wants personal preference is great i would have two and have two on my tractor

Ok OK.. you win... tein beacons it is... when I get my 50 hour service... I'll have another one installed  ;D

Ummm... Stainless Steel Exhaust  :D :D ;D

Very nice markey verrry very nice but i have to ask, why because if its going to be used on a rubbish bailer ( i dont mean it is a rubbish bailer  ;)) wouldnt an older one do? Also if its only going to sit on that why 4wd ? I think the bailer was just an exscuse to buy a new tractor ;D;) Really though a lovely tractor ;)

well... how can I answer that... you've seen through my disguise  :-[ - 4wd for the weight... and resale value really....  :-\

You forgot to tell us about the tyre options Marky.

I agree with the others about needing tose two extra front work lights just to fill the gaps in the roof panel. i wouldn't be too bothered abot the twin beacons though :-\

Oh indeed james  :-[ - I knew I would miss something... I think the rears look a little small as well don't you ??? - Dont thik I will be going for the roof lights in all honesty  :-[

Can you believe you actually own her?  ;D ;D

Great purchase mate, she ought to provide you with many years of good service...well done!  ;)

No i'm not b.s ing...what makes you thing that? Really? Well....maybe a bit... ::)

:D :D - thanks Timmy B... I hope she does provide me with years of service  :o;D

Love the tractor Marky.

Not a big fan of Massey's in general but very nice hope that you are happy with it.

Thanks rob.. I'm not a huge fan myself as you know  ;):D :D :D

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Marky I think she looks Brilliant as she is - doesn't need beacons lights or anything else!!

They are just jealous!!! (Most of them are green any way!) :D :D

I'm jealous by the way! ;)

Congrats on the New Arrival Mr F :)

I'm sure you will keep her looking like new. I have to agree about the rooflights - looks too obvious that theres a couple missing at the moment.

Is that your green trailer next to the 5445? If so what do you use it for and what pulls it? (sorry for being nosey :D)

Congrats on the New Arrival Mr F :)

I'm sure you will keep her looking like new. I have to agree about the rooflights - looks too obvious that theres a couple missing at the moment.

Is that your green trailer next to the 5445? If so what do you use it for and what pulls it? (sorry for being nosey :D)

Not at all Mark.... firstly... I tend to agree on the lights front... but I don't think I'll be getting them fitted retrospectively...

As for the trailer... it's an 8t Bailey dumper... I use it for waste from my peeling machine (and all other items of F & V waste)... it's part of my recycling system... I GIVE it to my local farmer who has 500 head of bull beef - we have an output of around 10T per week at thwe present time.

I've had an autohitch on Fanny II - so I expect I'll be delivering it at times now I have the right wheels  :-\

Looking smart Marky, just pop it up here and we'll run it in on the bed tiller for you.....it has the CVX on its knees at times and thats 190hp so it ought to do the job ;D ;D

As for the twin beacon argument, well two is better than one, especially if you will be travelling on the A14 with it, in fact never mind twin beacons, take them both off and fit a light bar to the roof ;D:D :D If there's anyway of making it more visible then its worth a little extra, wouldn't bother with the extra work lights though as its spending money when you don't need to, could be better put to use on a match plough ;):);D

Marky

Can you get a picture of her sitting beside Fanny  ??? ??? ;D

will do... tomorrow hopefully..

Looking smart Marky, just pop it up here and we'll run it in on the bed tiller for you.....it has the CVX on its knees at times and thats 190hp so it ought to do the job ;D ;D

As for the twin beacon argument, well two is better than one, especially if you will be travelling on the A14 with it, in fact never mind twin beacons, take them both off and fit a light bar to the roof ;D:D :D If there's anyway of making it more visible then its worth a little extra, wouldn't bother with the extra work lights though as its spending money when you don't need to, could be better put to use on a match plough ;):);D

Thanks gavvers... can you come and pick her up then  ???:D :D :D

Hi Marky

I assume that you have the model to go alongside the new baby, it would be remiss of you not to have one, and of course it has to be an exact match with the same spec  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

robbo

I have also just remembered that you said that you got it as 4wd for the resale value....MARKY FERGUSON... this is your child,,,, would you sell your children... a tractor is for life... not just for squashing a bit of rubbish >:( >:(>:( >:(>:( >:(>:(

Shame on you  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

I have also just remembered that you said that you got it as 4wd for the resale value....MARKY FERGUSON... this is your child,,,, would you sell your children... a tractor is for life... not just for squashing a bit of rubbish >:( >:(>:( >:(>:( >:(>:(

Shame on you  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

If it isn't bolted down he'd try to sell it.......never stand still too long if you go to see him :o :o :D :D :D :D

Good to see it in your yard at last  ;D It does look tidy.

Sensible not going for the Dyna box too and nothing wrong with those wheels for roadwork. Wot no front suspension?  :D

Agree with Gav - get a lightbar  ;)

she is a nice Tractor marky just dont fanny about with her or let it idle for long times

keep it working pretty hard  or else the engine wont last as long as it should keep her worked as often  as you can to stop the pistons glazing over

I must say that does look nice! An excellent purchase, now I guess she's just got to pay for herself?

I'm hoping she will Chris... I've got two co-directors breathing down my neck as we speak  :o:D :D

Hi Marky

I assume that you have the model to go alongside the new baby, it would be remiss of you not to have one, and of course it has to be an exact match with the same spec  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

robbo

No model as yet... so I am open to offers from the master builders on here HINT HINT... PDC did say he would look at making one for me  ;D - I guess she's not that far removed from the Siku 5455 really  :-\

As for selling her... EVERYTHING is for sale  ;D - Except Gav.. people keep wanting a refund when I see him  :-[:D :D

Good to see it in your yard at last  ;D It does look tidy.

Sensible not going for the Dyna box too and nothing wrong with those wheels for roadwork. Wot no front suspension?  :D

Agree with Gav - get a lightbar  ;)

Thanks John... you are next I hope...

Dyna box was just not an option for me really.. been out in it today... I'm quite happy with the gear stick/shuttle version really..

I'll look into this lightbar business... anyone know a good manufacturer of one ???

she is a nice Tractor marky just dont fanny about with her or let it idle for long times

keep it working pretty hard  or else the engine wont last as long as it should keep her worked as often  as you can to stop the pistons glazing over

I'm hoping to get a fair bit of work that involves some heavy stuff in time Nick... fingers crossed anyway..

I was thinking today about upgrading my mower to a nice flail and seeing if I can get some local work in the summer holidays perhaps  :-\

hey marky you serious about other work for it??

does it snow there.........get a snow plough?

one of the companies here who has a road side mower on a tractor, uses it in the winter to clear large snow dumps off the mountain passes behind where i live,

or road sweeper maybe?,

guess if you got a spare labour unit in the business.........and once you get over the fact is yours and no one else is allowed to drive it, that spare labour unit.......machine operator/forklift driver.......could keep it busy in utility jobs for the coucil and customers, as well as the important bale compacting

........let you get back to selling fruit to schools ha ha!

For extra work you can go maybe to contractor's. Contractors overhere hire sometimes tractor with driver when they have to much work.

Or buy a tedder and  persuade contractor's and farmer's about it. When i am right someone on FTF has a tedder and do this as contractor.

Texas