BC

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

Bill, as far as the picture of the forage harvester with the inappropiate trailer goes, for a while, wasn't that the only trailer available? I have a (very) vague recollection of the blue and white silge trailer coming out and I think it was after the forage harvester was already out. Do you know anything about the order of release?

Not gonna argue though, its a pretty goofy looking picture. Bet it sold a bunch of trailers though. ;)

Bill, as far as the picture of the forage harvester with the inappropiate trailer goes, for a while, wasn't that the only trailer available? I have a (very) vague recollection of the blue and white silage trailer coming out and I think it was after the forage harvester was already out. Do you know anything about the order of release?

Not gonna argue though, its a pretty goofy looking picture. Bet it sold a bunch of trailers though. ;)

Yes Adam that one in the picture was a early packing case type of two wheeled trailer excluding high sides which for silage purposes would have been as much use as a chocolate fire guard ;D ;D. That small trailer No 9550 was released in 1962 for 6 & 6 pence. I do recall the blue trailer with white bits but I don't have one. I'll check back my records to see when it was released since that one still eludes my collection. They did another silage trailer from 1988 to 2005 No 9566 the Class tipping silage trailer in lime green and white.

That high sided blue and white and brown coloured chassis ( same as muledozer or forage harvester colour) was out in 1978 and I think was still available for sale per the 1984 catalogue.

Bill,

Was a bit earlier for the High Sided Tipping Trailer , 73 or 74 , I remember getting 2 of them  :o , in London in a toyshop near my grans  ;)

Thanks for clarification Iain. I was going on the first catalogue I have and it was shown in 1978. The "new" symbol must have related to the model above it. Do you still have those and boxed per chance ;D ;D

Just a wee bit of a twitter Iain... ;D ;D... however glad you have managed to save one. I still need to get a boxed one for my collection ... some day I'll stumble on one no doubt

I've still got my high sided tipping trailer and box, it's over my parents I'll dig it out for a pic sometime if you like.

Collection is gradually gonna be ferried over here but space is a problem at the moment  :D

Yes that would be nice. Thankyou.

• 2 months later...

The old drivers were wonderful! Where can I get one of those 135 muledozer adaptors?

I really need a leg replacement from the new down for my driver ;D ;D

For the adaptor well you could try someone like Dave Towse a member on here. I had his website link but I can't seem to find it. Anyone on here got the link ???

How did I miss this topic I too only collect Britains that kit is certainly mouthwatering, and a collection of 480 dwarfs mine of 279 tractors and implements. I shall just have to keep on collecting. 8)

Mine include all the most recent ones of the past four years too but I really do prefer the older ones. I have also started a topic on my other ones as per the link below

http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=23097.0