BC's Childhood Britains.

BC

Was having a look through my box of old Britain's which I have kept from childhood days. Thought I would photograph and share with you.

First up is a Ford 5000 No 9527 in slide box and riddled with rear wheel rot. Next is the cab No 9528 which could be purchased separately. Sitting on the bale is a driver with a amputated leg. Don't ask me why I can't remember that far back as to what happend to it. Also I found an older attachment which must have been from an earlier Fordson. I can't remember having an older Fordson but I suspect I must have had and it had been trashed >:(

606c22fb.jpg

4851e947.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Next tractor I got was the Massey Ferguson 135 again in slide box No 9529. The following picture shows the cab and driver and the muledozer adaptor sitting on a bale.

309f8d43.jpg

67bac5b9.jpg

Next up is No 9629 the rear dump to be used with the Ford 5000. Again wheels suffering from some rot. Following on is No 9538 the Vicon vari spreader. Sadly no bag of sand and the transfer at the rear is missing and also the handle :(. The price on the box of the Vicon was 4 shillings and sixpence

7d58682c.jpg

d88e0ac1.jpg

Now we have No 9564 the multi-level elevator and No 9550 the tip up trailer with racks in a packing case box. The price on the trailer box was 6 shillings and sixpence in old money.

89122765.jpg

ef54e047.jpg

Finally the last of my surving childhood ones... The seed drill No 9539 and the rotary tedder No 9541 at a cost of 35 pence. The rotary tedder is the only straw boxed one I have the cardboard sleeve for

1dc23b9f.jpg

ST830397.JPG

Edited by BC

those straw boxes look alot better than the ones today and

gives the product inside a more authentic feel

i know what you mean by the small trailer  ;D

i just find the straw boxes better box art than siku,ertl

at the time

thnks for sharing those with us

all of mine diddnt survive child hood boxed or un boxed

Nice models and great memories, but boy you must have been a boring kid!! All of mine were completly trashed through carpet farming!! :D

Thats me Kev and look I've turned into a boring accountant now ;D ;D. Those were the survivors although I do remember having one of those ornage hay turners and must have had an earlier Fordson with that hitch attachment.

The one model I do kick myself about binning was a plastic Nuffield approx 1/16 scale. It had a broken rear wheel centre and was welded with a hot knife by my dad. I still had it went I went to rallies with my Nuffield in the early 80's so heaven knows why I binned that one  >:(

those straw boxes look alot better than the ones today and

gives the product inside a more authentic feel

i know what you mean by the small trailer  ;D

i just find the straw boxes better box art than siku,ertl

at the time

thnks for sharing those with us

all of mine diddnt survive child hood boxed or un boxed

I thinks the folks must have had me in handcuffs most of the time  ??? ??? More than not I probably had been out on my grandparents farm most of the time and always far too tired to actually play with toys ;D

Nice little savings account Bill if nothing else , great to see them like that, thanks ;D I had such good intentions for mine but they all got hammered and mother WOULD NOT allow me to keep boxes, said I had enough crap  ::). Threw them all away asking what on earth I wanted to keep them for  ::)>:(:D :D

Nice little savings account Bill if nothing else , great to see them like that, thanks ;D I had such good intentions for mine but they all got hammered and mother WOULD NOT allow me to keep boxes, said I had enough crap  ::). Threw them all away asking what on earth I wanted to keep them for  ::)>:(:D :D

The tractors are probably more battered and worn than the photos show Simon. I mean I remember making up number plates and sticking them onto the cabs and front of tractors with airfix glue ;D ;D. I really have surprised myself how I managed to keep the boxes. I'll need to ask my mother if I really did park them up each time they were played with or did she hide the boxes away ??? It so so long ago I cannot remember. I still have a fair number of Hornby railway stuff in their boxes too.

Thanks for all your comments chaps. "The boxes" well us Scots are "canny" fellows" Well that lot are into a Costco crate and will be back up into the loft until I "roup" out ;D ;D

PS Got a rather nice old box of Britain's delivered yesterday with a few straw box items including a rather nice MF130 seed drill with brass wheel caps 8)

• 5 weeks later...

you luckey boy, i rember throwing away a tw35 when the cab broke when i was about 8 ::) :'( but even then i took the bonnet off and kept so still got the bonnet. Not sure how i came to have the tw35 because it was to old to be brand new as i was born in 1992 and they wernt making them still then where they?

i think your collection is amazing and well done to little Bc for keeping them in good condtion  :) :)

you luckey boy, i rember throwing away a tw35 when the cab broke when i was about 8 ::) :'( but even then i took the bonnet off and kept so still got the bonnet. Not sure how i came to have the tw35 because it was to old to be brand new as i was born in 1992 and they wernt making them still then where they?

i think your collection is amazing and well done to little Bc for keeping them in good condtion  :) :)

Glad you liked them Adam.. I let you know if I decide to sell ;D ;D