1. 1. what shape tail board should i use

• picture 1
    • picture 2
    • picture 3

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

crikey, it must be quite a slice to stop you from scratchbuilding mr.c.     How did you manage to do that then?????

acciedently let go of gate Handel witch went into my thumb at some force ;D

is the finger missing then cerin?? still have 5 on the hand then still able to build aint you :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D done worse myself and its not stopped me, might explain the wonky bits that appear on them days mind ::) ::)

no only a big chunk missing ::)

i could properly still work with it but its easyer not too ::)

Now, I'm not being funny but none of you have probably ever seen a Handel witch! They only occur on small farms in Cornwall and they only attack teenagers who have spent all week being rude to their mothers. Their mothers that have taken them to work and picked them up every day without complaint, even though she's on holiday and has better things to do like metal detecting!

Now, I'm not being funny but none of you have probably ever seen a Handel witch! They only occur on small farms in Cornwall and they only attack teenagers who have spent all week being rude to their mothers. Their mothers that have taken them to work and picked them up every day without complaint, even though she's on holiday and has better things to do like metal detecting!

well i wont use the spell checker next time :P :P

Ha ha Brilliant... serves 'the teenager' right then I'd say Aunty Jo...

Now.... metal detecting... that's interesting... can we have a dedicated topic please Aunty Jo... I'd like to see how you do it.. what you've found.. what machine you use etc etc...  :)???

Ha ha Brilliant... serves 'the teenager' right then I'd say Aunty Jo...

Now.... metal detecting... that's interesting... can we have a dedicated topic please Aunty Jo... I'd like to see how you do it.. what you've found.. what machine you use etc etc...  :)???

hope no serious damage occurred to that gate? theres a recession on you know dont want to have to pay for that- take it out of his house keeping and treat yourself .

I am but a mere beginner Marky - do you think it would interest other people? When we moved into our current house, which has a large garden, I thought I would give it the once over with my detector. I got amazing signals all over the lawn - really sharp ones which indicate non-ferrous metal. Being that it's Cornwall, visions of buried pirates hoards of gold started to fill my head.

I began a frenzied dig, got down about six inches and I saw it! Long, coiled and orange, rather like an enormous snake - I pulled it and it kept coming! It was then that I remembered that the previous owner of the house was a very successful electrician!

I left it all in situ because scrap wasn't getting much of a price then - however, I may have to dig it all out as the prices are much better now!

Hello Jo, is that all you found or is there more you are not going to tell us about?  ::)

Well it depends on why you are interested! Especially as this is your first post. Your profile does not give away much about you o'smellyexhaust person!  What tractors do you like?

However, I will tell you that I have never found a WHOLE TRACTOR with my detector - only bits!

I'm thinking of taking up metal detecting as a hobby, and thought you must have found more than just old cable. I like ANY tractors, especially Fords.

It's a great hobby - very relaxing. I live in Cornwall so I go to beaches after the tourists have been and gone. I find lots of coins - £2 coins make a lovely sound. I have realised that I am going badly 'off topic' which is frowned upon on FTF, and this my son's topic so I am going to take Markys advice and start a new one.

Fords are ok but I like Masseys best!