On the road with Fintan

ford4ever

On the road a good bit and have started taking photos.Questions welcomed.

P1100141.jpg

DSCN0205.jpg

DSCN0204.jpg

DSCN0203.jpg

DSCN0200.jpg

DSCN0199.jpg

DSCN0198.jpg

DSCN0197.jpg

DSCN0196.jpg

DSCN0195.jpg

DSCN0193.jpg

DSCN0192.jpg

DSCN0191.jpg

DSCN0190.jpg

DSCN0189.jpg

That will do for the first run.If you think they are up to scratch,I'll keep posting.Positive tips welcome and thanks Lord Ferguson on the notes how to upload

F

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Texas will be happy when he sees those Inter's on the silage fleet. He loves those series of Case and Internationals. I like the restored DB sat there, nice looking tractor that. What are were these pics taken in, there is quite a variety to see where you are  :)

Just a little point though, could you keep to 6 linked images or 2 uploaded images, makes for easier loading of the page for all to see etc. Fankoo!!  :)

The fella who owns the ih

is a very likeable guy and was quite prepared to talk all evening(have an invitation to drop in whenever passing).The kit varies from very good condition to worn but working to work in progress.Every thing in the yard works engine wise but some of the older items need a respray.He does all his own mechanical work.The fleet includes:

1 * 5150(main mower tractor with an employees mx 110)

2  *1455/56(main silage carting tractors

1*1255(main silage carting tractors

1*956(over 15000 hrs and only a new clutch required)

1*955

1*444

1*634 (4 wheel drive)

250's/276's/414's/275's 2*tvo/1 john deere/a model h farmhall (his personal  favourite)Fordson and numerous other gems

Non tractors include 2 ih 953 combines,class 860 self propelled,jcb 416 and numerous other bits and pieces

May get a chance to call in when I'm up that day Wednesday

F

Texas will be happy when he sees those Inter's on the silage fleet. He loves those series of Case and Internationals. I like the restored DB sat there, nice looking tractor that. What are were these pics taken in, there is quite a variety to see where you are  :)

Pictures taken all over Galway and one or two up the countryThey are as follows

1.Internationals 100yards of the motorway at Kilbeggan,

2.local spud farmer beside my house

3.Arch silage trailer.main silage trailer in Galway in the laste 80's.Could u make one Martin???

4.JD at the same yard which has one awards for its tidiness.Always spotless

5.JD in the distance(wasn't taking the cows)

6.Small contractor

7 and 8 .Small dairy farmer who loves Case/DB

9 In the bog Co Roscommon

10 Tillage farmer on outskirts Portlaoise with mixed fleet

11 996 just of the N17(WWW.Sawdoctors.com)

12 1210 accross the road from the 996

13/14/15 The local spud farmer again Deutz 6.38,150 and agroton 135?He runs another 6.08 and about 4 mf188.Before he went Deutz he was all mf inc 1200 artic and 1080

Just a little point though, could you keep to 6 linked images or 2 uploaded images, makes for easier loading of the page for all to see etc. Fankoo!!  :)

Will do :-[:-[

Nice pictures there Fintan - keep them coming :D :D

That fleet of IH's brings back fond memories of a local contyarctor who ran a fleet of 55's and a 956 in the mid 90's - you could hear his 955 with 1255 engine 3 miles away ;D

A very nice silage fleet with those Inter's. I wish you some more pictures from those.

Texas

That is an odd looking ZTS in that last picture there Fintan :D

Small farmer with a 7810 and a Laser - lucky him is all I have to say :(

Like you loving those Fiats ;D ;D

Thankfully another 3600 like ours ;D - great little tractor but rougher than our one :(

The zts is an ursus which he has just purchase.Last year he ran a tw25 on the harvester ,a 7600 drawing and a different ursus on the pit.Not sure whats his plan this year as he only took harvester out of shed yesterday.

His nxt door neighbour is the small farmer who also own the 178 and has 2 old zetors as well all in use.The year before last (before he got the ford)he cut silage with the 178,a friens mx135 drawing and the same on the pit(weird or what)

And yes I do like my Fiats