North West of England Tractor Show

robbo

it is Harold Powltons ... he can just be seen in top of 1st diorama pic , wearing denim jacket & County hat

That's the chap who is selling his farmyard and moving on to 1/43 scale or something isn't it ???

Yes that is correct - he mustn't have sold it yet though ;)

Some nice tractors there especially the 3000 with the optional larger wheels ;)

I have seen his display at East Kilbride and also at Lanark and I must admit it did look nice. Seem to recall he wanted around £ 3k for it ???

i would say snow blower  ;) ;)

You are a bit late with the reply  ;) ;) ;) TM190 got it in the very next post, would this be a numpty perhaps  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

robbo

Just for Bill, I don't know how this compares to yours but it was immaculate

I decided to compare mine last night ... but could not get the exact same angles

Myerscoughtractors030.jpg

Bill's

Misc020708001-1.jpg

Myerscoughtractors031.jpg

Bill's

Misc020708003.jpg

I suspect this may be a younger tractor than my 1957 DM4 mine has the rear wheels with the sliding hubs produced only in 1956 & 1957. I think the one Robbo Mike shot would have been a 4DM without the sliding hubs. Being my gransfather's tractor from new mine was totally original so when I restored it I put it back to as near it was when I acquired it. As you can see a lot of of parts on Mike's shots have been polished up when in fact for originality purposes they should be painted. But, as I have said before the restorer has spent a lot of time on this restoration and maybe he wanted it to look that bit better and not go for originality. I mean he could have painted it tartan if he really had the desire to make it different ;D ;D

• 5 months later...

Mike.... sorry I missed this topic... some cracking pics in there as well....

The MF37 is a rare tractor over here... French built and only available on the mainland of Europe I believe.  The 500 series look lovely... the 3165S is a real beauty and the 135 is simply mint... it deserves all those trophies looking at it  :o