copyright

IH885XLMAN

Question

8 answers to this question

is it expensive or hard to obtain copyright for a model as ive just seen someone has been lifted by PC plod? for producing fordsons

or even do i need it on certain modelsi want to produce? :-\

Who was that??  ???

you can produce any model you wish, so long as you make at least 7 changes to the original vehicle, this could be small things which are unseen when the model is put together.  You can even call it a fordson on the model, so long as the text you use is not exact replica.  The only real thing you cant do is market it as a 'John Deere 8420' for example.  But you could call it 'the big green 8420'  or something similar.  do all that and the big fat cat companies cant touch you.

I would just like to sate that the information above, whilst thought to be true, may not be used as an excuse if someone wishes to act upon the advice I have given.  Thank you.

you can produce any model you wish, so long as you make at least 7 changes to the original vehicle, this could be small things which are unseen when the model is put together.? You can even call it a fordson on the model, so long as the text you use is not exact replica.? The only real thing you cant do is market it as a 'John Deere 8420' for example.? But you could call it 'the big green 8420'? or something similar.? do all that and the big fat cat companies cant touch you.

I would just like to sate that the information above, whilst thought to be true, may not be used as an excuse if someone wishes to act upon the advice I have given.? Thank you.

Thanks for sharing that info Ian.  :)