Recent Travels - Updated 23rd AUGUST

CX820Joe

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I managed to find the CX820 again today, and took several (150+) photos ;D  It was nice to catch up with it in decent sun, previous photos being either quite distant or in the Evening light...anyway, hope you like them.

Firstly a couple of it at rest while the driver had gone off for dinner:

P1010567.jpg

P1010572.jpg

Now some of it at work, firstly coming down a rather steep hill:

P1010577.jpg

P1010582.jpg

Another coming down the hill, showing the Biso CX side knife

P1010594.jpg

P1010599.jpg

Did a few more miles earlier, there wasn't that much to see but it wasn't a completely fruitless journey...there was even one wheat field that hadn't been cut.

Firstly I saw this old girl, exiled from the barn where she'd remained for the last few years :(

P1010723.jpg

Another combine, a JD 1055 sitting in a field

P1010726.jpg

I went to see what was in Contractor John Roberts' yard, and just before I got there I saw this JD drilling a few fields away:

P1010729.jpg

Here's a view of the yard, not as full as it seems to be at times:

P1010731.jpg

And in the field next to the yard, I believe owned by the firm, their old Ford 6600 was hedge trimming:

P1010730.jpg

And finally, and rather distant, my first view of a New Holland CR combine:

P1010735.jpg

Did a few more miles earlier, there wasn't that much to see but it wasn't a completely fruitless journey...there was even one wheat field that hadn't been cut.

Firstly I saw this old girl, exiled from the barn where she'd remained for the last few years :(

P1010723.jpg

Pour old fantastic girl(S950)She looks tired :-\ :-\

But i love that TX 65 mate she is perfect :D:)

Thanks Fellas - It was nice to see the 6600 still going Mart, I can remember when it was new :o

Shame to see the Volvo out in the elements Peter...I still hope they might fix her up, or better still someone buys her for preservation

Very nice pictures with old and new equipment.

Texas

That 820 gave some good pics on the banks there Joe. Nice job there. I like the view in to the yard too.

The old Ford with the hedgetrimmer could almost be replicated in 1.32 by our very own Tractorman810 ya know  ;)  8)

Thanks both...its nice to see some older stuff earning its keep still.

I went a bit overboard with the 820 pics, but it was great to do some proper combine watching, without rushing off to see what else is about.  I made a few clips of it too, though not sure where best to post them, don't really want to put them on youtube.  I was thinking along similar lines about the Ford and the hedgetrimmer that it'd translate nicely into model form.  I think I might have to get myself a Ford, I still haven't got one :-\

Might go out again tomorrow, there's a public footpath that goes near that CR, I wouldn't mind a few closer shots of that, even if its not at work.

Joe,all you have to now is take all your combine pics and go to a publishing house for the making of FFF first combine book  :D :D :D;)

Well, I have always wondered about making a combine book you know, but I don't think my pictures are really up to it given the light conditions in a lot of them, and I've got so few older machines...but it would be nice to see a nice colour album solely devoted to combines. 

I like the sound of that idea, and would be happy to help if I can!

In the mean time, another trip just completed and some more photos for you:

First stop AHM Lea's Lee Bridges farm, near Ellesmere and a sighting of their last working Laverda M120 in the barn:

P1010746.jpg

And through a gap in the hedge I spied this SAME Tiger which has been here from new...(they also have/had a Deutz - LAW54W)

P1010748.jpg

And on the same farm one of the other M120's being used for parts:

P1010749.jpg

On now to Bagley, the village where I used to live from 1989-1994; back then, the Oaks was a derelict farm consisting of a shed and a dutch barn but now its a completely different place...and the owner has 2 Claas Dominator 98s's

P1010750.jpg

And some NH TM's!:

P1010754.jpg

P1010758.jpg

Now came the tricky part of my intended journey...I was going to take the public footpath from Bagley across the river Perry to Rednal where I hoped I could get a closer look at the CR980 I saw last night.  It was not much fun having my bike with me, the edge of the field wasn't cultivated but had been left to become overgrown, but eventually I got to the bridge to find JD 1075 at work:

P1010759.jpg

P1010762.jpg

P1010769.jpg

There was a little industrial MF in the field too, but I've forgotten to upload the photo for the time being

The field I was walking in became quite boggy all of a sudden, and guess what, my feet both sunk into it.  And I was wearing trainers too, so they went from off white to brown in no time at all.  Lovely!

But there was worse to come.  I eventually came within sight of the CR and intended to skirt the edge of the farm and rejoin the road.  I walked towards what I believed to be a dirt pile...until the the dirt collapsed under my feet and turned out to be chicken excrement :o :'(  And I thought the mud was bad.  Well my feet stank and i was feeling utterly miserable by then, but i did get photos of the CR in the yard, though they're nothing wonderful:

P1010771.jpg

P1010774.jpg

And I saw another TM about to start rolling a field:

P1010775.jpg

I wasn't going to make any more detours with my feet stinking of a chicken latrine so headed back for Ellesmere, though I did stop and take these two pictures in Rednal, firstly a small glimpse for Chris L of a Fortschritt E517 in a barn:

P1010777.jpg

And this old relic which is now in retirement:

P1010778.jpg

And finally, you may remember this from last years combine hunting, an International 531 taken from some distance parked behind its home farm.

P1010781.jpg

Have jet washed the trainers but i think they'll need going in the machine as well!

Anyway, hope you like the photos :)

Archived