Gav's Silage Clamp

Gav836

Well in a moment of madness today I decided have a go at building a silage clamp along the lines of what a lot of the local farms here have, sleeper and RSJ construction. seemed to be one of the easiest constructions in a farmyard to start with as well :D

So here it is,the uprights are made out of HSF-8 Plastruct and HSF-10 in the back corners, "sleepers" are cut from 4mm x 12mm pine strip wood, all on a plasticard base. Still have to paint it all and may well put a guard rail around the top as well :)

post-334-13263876865_thumb.jpg

post-334-132638768835_thumb.jpg

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys, no it isn't the start of a farm layout as I have no where to put one at the minute Kris ;)

Little update for you now, I've just put the guard rails on round the top, just leaves a few more sleepers to make after I've been up Homebase again :)

post-334-132638769352_thumb.jpg

post-334-132638769475_thumb.jpg

I probably won't be keeping hold of this clamp as I have no space for it at present, I just fancied something different to do today. Will be back on with project x asap though, don't worry ;D

I probably won't be keeping hold of this clamp as I have no space for it at present, I just fancied something different to do today. Will be back on with project x asap though, don't worry ;D

good lad gav, you know it makes sence dont you :D :D