Container skip

I know this is not strictly farm related but it is the first thing I have completley scratch built and wanted some feedback.

I have in my mind one day to do a large demolition diorama and this is the start.

This in 1/50 scale. I am sure that a similar item in 1/32 scale would look good in a farm diorama for the scrap mans visit! :D

The rear door is hinged and the rear rollers move.

The pictures

post-312-132638776913_thumb.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

tidy looking skip............we filled one of them last week with scrap and old machinery.......................heavy stuff  a lot of it . Out of curiostiy, what kind of weight would you typically expect it to be  Jason?

tidy looking skip............we filled one of them last week with scrap and old machinery.......................heavy stuff  a lot of it . Out of curiostiy, what kind of weight would you typically expect it to be  Jason?

Full or empty John?

Thanks for all the comments, I am very pleased with how it has tured out. Next is some paint, If anyone has any tips on how to make it look used and abused like the ones that have scrap squashed into them I will gladly listen!

I will post up more photos as and when but I don't think progress will be that fast!

full...................typically    give me a rough idea.......... getting £160  a tonne for the scrap ...dunno if thats good bad or indifferent.................sorry am goin off topic

Up to around 16 tonnes in the skip....all depends on the density of the material of course. £160 a tonne collected isn't a bad price for your area I don't think.... we're currently getting between £220 (light iron) and £270 (O/A - Constructional) a tonne around here.

• 4 weeks later...