A Lovely old MF brochure... from November 1957

OK showing my age here 1 cwt (hundredweight) was 112 lbs or about 25kg. There are 20 hundredweights in 1 ton (not tonne). However 30cwt equals about 1500kgs or 1 1/2 tons

robbo

OK showing my age here 1 cwt (hundredweight) was 112 lbs or about 25kg. There are 20 hundredweights in 1 ton (not tonne). However 30cwt equals about 1500kgs or 1 1/2 tons

robbo

really ? i thought 56lbs was 25kgs ? as in a bag or spuds ? & 1cwt was 50kgs ???

As i understand it the suggested ratio for horsepower to tonne is 10 : 1 ie for every 10 hp you can pull 1 tonne, it still works today if you think about it  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Just look at the tractor on the front is it a TE20 or the biggie  ;D ;D and FE35  8) 8) 8) 8)

robbo

I can remember one of those (brochures) kicking round the house when I was a kid  :o

Malayan Hardwood - no wonder there's no rainforest left  :)

3 tons was a big trailer then and could really give a TE or 35 a hard time  :D

Nice brochure again Marky - I guess it has been hidden from Mrs F :D :D

I hide as many as I can Colm  :-[:D :D - the radar is well and truly 'tuned in' .. however... she's not got any form of reconciling my spend with the postal intake... so if I do some eBay... and then some 'other trading' I only get a mega roasting for the eBay spend  ;D

I spent £105 with Stuart Gibbard on Friday... it will just be another envelope to her  ;D:D :D :D

Thanks Robbo... I was guessing it would be about that.... I wonder if they were very popular... seems a bit small to me really  :-\

The 30cwt trailer was very popular with local Councils and golf clubs. They were ideal for carting sand, grass cuttings, topsoil and tools. Look in the back yard of any old golf club and there will probably be one lurking in a corner somewhere.  :)