Types of Glue and their uses

Deere-est

Question

Well having read through a few search pages on glue I thought a reference Topic was long needed.

For all those use wood, plastic, metal, alloys etc please tell the rest of us:

What fixer do you use ? and; For what materials?

Contents amount, price and supplier would be great too.

Thanks in advance.

Topics merged.

Thank you Deere-est!  You just "bonded" two threads together, err, what kind of glue did you use?  ???:laugh: 

All kidding a side, a break, crack and/or new part to be bonded is always looking for the correct glue.  These have work well for me: "Plastruct Plastic Weld" - spreads using capillary action on joints, the parts are in fact welded, you may need to use rubber bands for large parts but once welded you can toss the item around the room if need be and it wont break, not at the joint anyway;  "JB Weld - Kwik" - a two part weld mix, used with pins of various sizes and diameters, works wonders, mostly used with metals. The Plastruct and JB Weld may get pushed to the side in favor of a super glue though, depending on the circumstances.  The nice thing about super glue is it isn't permanent.

Has anybody used this stuff for glueing around cabs.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Deluxe-Materials-Roket-Odourless-Superglue-NEW-/190455739970?pt=UK_Crafts_Cardmaking_Scrapbooking_Glue_Tape_EH&hash=item2c580bf642

I'm looking for an odourless glue, currently using Humbrol Clearfix but it takes ages to go off and i don't find it that strong!

barry come and see me at spalding and i will show you 2 products and demonstrate to you., you will be very very impressed with ,one is Q bond and the other is a two part clear glue made by wurth and i can get them at cost price  ;) ;)