bulk tipper

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bloody stunning toy boy, i wish my low loder worked out like your tipper, that is a work of trucking art, nice work mate

Weren't there any pedestrian side guards in the kit.  :-[ Sorry didn't mean to say kit........how woooooooood of me.  :D

Only pullin' yer leg. Honestly it looks so good in the pictures, it could easily be mistaken for a kit. Well done that man.  :)

Is the lorry 1:32 scale???

yes, its 1:32 newray is the manufacturer, they do lots of different types of units and trailers but the trailers in my opinion are pretty basic and more the style of american trailers.

what did you use for the light bars ???

used brass rods and sprayed them silver for the light bars but i am strugling to find 5-6mm lights for the spots :( :( please please please any suggestions of where i could buy them would be much appreciated. The trailers lying in the garage in bits at the moment getting all painted up, i myself can't wait to finish this one, working on an easysheet cover for it at the moment. this is only the third serious scratch built model i have made and for all you budding scratch builders out there i feel all the words of encouragement and positive coments from the folks on here builds your confidence in your creations and spurs you on to finish it, so if you get fed up with your model building, take a day or two away from it, pop a couple of pics on here for folks to see and you drive to finish it will return once you read the feed back, this works for me anyway :) the folk that can build stunning models in the space of a couple of days still p**s me off though ;D ;D ;D, mentioning no names ;)

Hey great work on the trailer and have to agree with your last post my only prob is theres only 24 hours in the day!!

as for lights farm models do spot lights however there only 4mm (ive incluged a pic of them) the only other option is keep an eye out 4 toy rally cars or pick-ups (goin on the cheep of course) an steal the front spots of them!!

DSC00584.jpg

used brass rods and sprayed them silver for the light bars but i am strugling to find 5-6mm lights for the spots :( :( please please please any suggestions of where i could buy them would be much appreciated. The trailers lying in the garage in bits at the moment getting all painted up, i myself can't wait to finish this one, working on an easysheet cover for it at the moment. this is only the third serious scratch built model i have made and for all you budding scratch builders out there i feel all the words of encouragement and positive coments from the folks on here builds your confidence in your creations and spurs you on to finish it, so if you get fed up with your model building, take a day or two away from it, pop a couple of pics on here for folks to see and you drive to finish it will return once you read the feed back, this works for me anyway :) the folk that can build stunning models in the space of a couple of days still p**s me off though ;D ;D ;D, mentioning no names ;)

i am going to use the big paper clips for mine as for the spot lights pm some of the guys on here that do the conversions and see if they have any spots off tractor cabs going spare

Aye

, i think its a bit of a waiting game before i finnally lay my hands on some spot lights. i did try some of them spots from farmmodels but they are too little and look daft against the light bar. Made a frame last night to carry the easysheet cover, just away to try and sort out the cover it'self.

post-466-13263884582_thumb.jpg

post-466-132638845833_thumb.jpg

That framework looks intricate and damn precise. Excellent trailer throughout.

Im using those worklights, just putting seven on instead of five. There are plenty of varants of the Kelsa style jobbies so you don't have to be exact.

walkerparts@planet.nl mate, he has them in his book  listed as working lamps ,cat  number L1, working lamp and jewel 5mm dia at 2 euros 50 cents a pair, i have some in the shed if you want a picture

trailers looking spot on mate really is, really must get on with mine some time, maybe tommorrow

walkerparts@planet.nl mate, he has them in his book  listed as working lamps ,cat  number L1, working lamp and jewel 5mm dia at 2 euros 50 cents a pair, i have some in the shed if you want a picture

trailers looking spot on mate really is, really must get on with mine some time, maybe tommorrow

thanks TM, have been tempted to get walker parts catolouge but the fear of dealing with a foreign language puts me off, how do you find dealing with him. that would be good if you could put up a pic of those lamps though

just e-mail him with what you want, first order he usally asks for payment up front, takes pounds or euros no worrys, just remember to ask for the price in both, after that he will usally send the stuff in advance of payment, or he does with me, just send the dosh back to him,very easy to use

hes busy at the mo, driving a combine for his mate, but will answer his mails even if its a few weeks before he send, i am wating on a few bit from him

• 2 weeks later...

Great work a job truely well done!!

when you finish, get it cast, they will sell no bother. brilliant work. well done.

i have to agree keeping them could be harder than selling them!! was goin to try that my self but if could buy one would change my mind an just add a sticker!!

• 3 weeks later...

Aye

, i think its a bit of a waiting game before i finnally lay my hands on some spot lights. i did try some of them spots from farmmodels but they are too little and look daft against the light bar. Made a frame last night to carry the easysheet cover, just away to try and sort out the cover it'self.

going great guns there mate , but why the 4 lengths of bar needed for the easysheet ? very rare i've seen trailers with more than 2.

sheet fixed on one side to trailer > middle suport bar fixed to trailer or sheet > side bar on side of sheet with straps to tighten with ratchets