Ok John Deere need to have a decision please

MODELFARMER

Thinking about a 6630 or a 6830

But can't decide which?

The 68 is a quarter ton heavier higher lift cap.

might put on front links

my debate is this, the 68 has only 5 main gears the 66 has 6

has anyone worked in both sizes? is there still plently of working range gears???

is there a speed/gear bar chart online anywhere??

Thanks

How do you mean Ricky? The 6830 will have the similar perfomrance as a 6820. Depends alot on price I reckon and if you will actually use those extra few horses?

Personally, i would go for the 6830 as you always need a few more. But, as I say, depends on what you are going to do with it.

As for the boxes, similar really but people seem to like the 6 range one as it gives a bit more flexibillity....

The choice, as they say........... is yours.............. ::):o;):)

well we have went from our 6410 to a 6830. havent been home since it arrived but the word from home is that it is a bit better than our 6820 at pulling. the guy next door has got a 6630 was speaking to him on the phone and he says that it is a good tractor too and he says it is better tractor to pull his dumper than there 6420s that was opened up. what tractor are you getting rid of to get one. i would also go for the 68 as you can always use the extra horses.

drove a 6830 very pleased with it good pulling machine i felt. Not had a go on a 6630 yet put its all up to you what ever floats your boat i would go for the 68 for the extra horse  ;) ;) but thats me up to you man  :D

Na the 3050 stays for life here

the 6620 might be going, Had a drive in a 6630 nice machine full of torque, its not horsepower i'm worried about cause i can chip it up

eg our 6620 is sittin at 160 coming out the shaft  ;D ;D ;D ;D

our 6420 has 140 at the shaft  ;D ;D ;D

it costs £2500 more for a 6830 over a 6630

you gain a few horse

quarter ton weight for grip

but lose a gear thats the one i'm worried about as in both me 20's i use every gear in them at some point

dad don't want a front linkage as he sees no need but i do, stone fork on front drill behind or press on front

what way are the controls for a front linkage on a 30 series?

well we have went from our 6410 to a 6830. havent been home since it arrived but the word from home is that it is a bit better than our 6820 at pulling. the guy next door has got a 6630 was speaking to him on the phone and he says that it is a good tractor too and he says it is better tractor to pull his dumper than there 6420s that was opened up. what tractor are you getting rid of to get one. i would also go for the 68 as you can always use the extra horses.

The 6 cylinder will always have more torque you see

on the 6830 i drove all it to work the front linkage is a joystick and to buttons on it for flow and return e.g if you had a buckrake on push one button to put the push of out and the other to take it back in  :)

well ricky , i still firmly stuck in the JD 4055 / JD 7810 era , but if the loss of an extra gear worries you on the larger tractor then the 66 is the better opton surly, like you say powerwise the 66 can be chipped for the extra hp needed ,but if you did get the 68 you'd only be cussing you didn't get the 66 with the extra gear :)

well ricky , i still firmly stuck in the JD 4055 / JD 7810 era , but if the loss of an extra gear worries you on the smaller tractor then the 68 is the better opton surly, like you say powerwise the 66 can be chipped for the extra hp needed ,but if you did get the 66 you'd only be cussing you didn't get the 68 with the extra gear :)

I thought the smaller tractor was the one with more gears numpty boy  :D :D ;) ;)

if it were me i would ve buying a different colour but thats cause i am a ford man john deere would deffo be 2nd on the list, never drive a 6630 but have drive a 6830 that a mate had and it would kill his tm150, more torque, more grip, better puller and gernrally nicer to drive , was well impressed pity they are deere

if it were me i would ve buying a different colour but thats cause i am a ford man john deere would deffo be 2nd on the list, never drive a 6630 but have drive a 6830 that a mate had and it would kill his tm150, more torque, more grip, better puller and gernrally nicer to drive , was well impressed pity they are deere

Not really needed in this topic I think.............................. :( :( :( :( :( :( ??? ???