Combines 2008 topic for every one

Massey Boy

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the first one could have been a lot older Colm and may have been a Massey Harris circa 1955. My grandfather used to have one and I think I may have the manual... I will try and dig out tonight if I remember and or can locate :D

I'm beginning to confuse myself now. I could have sworn my grandfather had a Massey Harris Combine circa 1955 but cannot for the life of me remember the number. Well when I dug out the instruction manual last night publication number 634 382 MI it was for a Massey Ferguson 780 combine and on the front cover say applicable to machines produced from 1960. I'll need to speak to my uncle Bill and see if he remembers because the MH combine and MF instruction don't "stack" up with me.... they should have continued to use the binder and built rucks ;D ;D

Guthrie2008037.jpg

25072008001.jpg

25072008002.jpg

25072008003.jpg

Woops sorry chaps ... need to stand on your head to see this one correctly

25072008004.jpg

Now looking at the Border Fine Arts model the combine here was a Massey Ferguson 780 Special but this would have been older than my granddads since the BFA is a "bagger" version. Still confused on the Massey Harris bit so maybe it was in actual fact an MF and not a MH ??? ???

BringingInTheHarvest1.jpg

More from my travels through Suffolk...

JD C670

Claas Lexion 530

MF 135 and mower

MF 5425 and Claas Markant 55

Claas Dominator 108

Dead Claas Rollant and Claas Dominator 86

Ford (3000/4000??) and NH baler + sledge

2x Case Steigers

Claas Lexion 580 and 560 together

Enjoy!  :)

/malc

post-1701-132638825573_thumb.jpg

post-1701-132638825582_thumb.jpg

More from my travels through Suffolk...

JD C670

Claas Lexion 530

MF 135 and mower

MF 5425 and Claas Markant 55

Claas Dominator 108

Dead Claas Rollant and Claas Dominator 86

Ford (3000/4000??) and NH baler + sledge

2x Case Steigers

Claas Lexion 580 and 560 together

Enjoy!  :)

/malc

Where was the C670 malc? I know in suffolk but where abouts?

Now looking at the Border Fine Arts model the combine here was a Massey Ferguson 780 Special but this would have been older than my granddads since the BFA is a "bagger" version. Still confused on the Massey Harris bit so maybe it was in actual fact an MF and not a MH ??? ???

Bill... Baggers and Tankers were available for the 780 at the same time mate.... I'll dig out the brochure in a minute and post it in a seperate topic for you  ;)

Bill... Baggers and Tankers were available for the 780 at the same time mate.... I'll dig out the brochure in a minute and post it in a seperate topic for you  ;)

For a minute I though you were swearing at me Mark as I sped read the post ;D ;D Look forward to the separate post

:-[ - and me... a man of considerable morals... please Bill... I am shocked and dissappointed that you could think that  :'( ;D

Malcp P... some cracking pics mate... many thanks for sharing... The sunset shot is going to be 'nicked' (with your permission) as my desktop for this week  ;D

:-[ - and me... a man of considerable morals... please Bill... I am shocked and dissappointed that you could think that  :'( ;D

Malcp P... some cracking pics mate... many thanks for sharing... The sunset shot is going to be 'nicked' (with your permission) as my desktop for this week  ;D

Blush! If you want the full size versions (or if you give me your desktop res) I can send you the full size version?

If you like the sunset pics, here's one from 2003...

/malc.

post-1701-132638826105_thumb.jpg