County 1184s - old pics

RichardJW1

So for any County 1184 fans out there I thought you may like to see these pics that have been harbouring on the hard-drive for a while.......They were all taken back in '90/'91 up around Tedburn St. Mary during my time working for Jewells (Ford New Holland dealers)

So to start with we have this long wheel base model that belonged to the NRA and had a Bomford blade and Turner VERY long reach trimmer on the back

1184upload.jpg

Then there was this one ex-NRA w/ blade & winch that was traded in - I have a feeling this one came up in Beeton's auction recently, the lights being where they are and one side of the bonnet had 1164, the other side 1184. Will have a look, see if I can find a shot of it

1184upload3.jpg

And this pair belonged to a contractor up near Cheriton Bishop.....a fine set, I'm sure you'll agree  :)

1184upload2.jpg

1184upload5.jpg

1184upload4.jpg

brilliant pics thanks richard , i used to occasionally drive a 1184 , real beastie, was either pulling a 2000gal tanker with injection unit on , or wallowing around in rivers with5 leg McConnel shakerator on ripping up riverbeds

& no i havent got any pics of doing either  :'(

great pics mate, have you seen the may guerney countys being used down here?? they have several different ones mostly for pulling the pipe cleaners through,  pretty sure they have 1 1184's along with the others, ones yellow the other normal blue/white

Hey up Pudding, how's it hangin'?

I got a feeling they were cut down goose neck trailers, there was in fact 3 1184s in that yard, one LWB and two SWBs all with those trailers but for the life of me I can't find the pic.

The owner was a contractor that also did silaging (forager hooked up to the LWB) while the others pulled the trailers - you can just see the corner of one red silage trailer in one of these pics.