MF 690 2wd

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marcus thats a peach!! I love it, the thing is though what with these two sharing a stable. . . . if they copulate . . . . what would they produce. . . 698T maybe? ;)

maybe one day tris you never know , a 675 wouldnt go amiss either  :)

nice job mjb you ever tryed a 698 4wd or 265 2wd with duncan cab and loader  ??? hint hint  :D

ohh you little bugger, tempting fate that is , but yes a 698/698T, may come round when i get the bits i need

698t is no bigger than what you have mate, just pop a 4wd axel on it job done, as for a 200 series with duncan cab, dont you dare :D :D thats my next tractor scratch build after the one you know about, with mf 80 loader fitted

? you're never gong to fit an 80 loader to what yer making  :o :o  :D :D :D

? you're never gong to fit an 80 loader to what yer making  :o :o  :D :D :D

no but i will on the mf290 with the removable duncan cab on it, like we had on the farm,

mind you can you see the beast with a 80 loader on the front, would look  a little different :D :D :D

698t is no bigger than what you have mate, just pop a 4wd axel on it job done, as for a 200 series with duncan cab, dont you dare :D :D thats my next tractor scratch build after the one you know about, with mf 80 loader fitted

I think there's a fair bit of size diffenrnce between a 690 and a 698  ;) ;) :o :o

I think there's a fair bit of size diffenrnce between a 690 and a 698  ;) ;) :o :o

not really mate, the 2 690's and the 698ts we had were near as the same, bar wheels and the 4wd option on the 98t, maybe ever so little longer bonnet lenght wise, but not overly noticable

I think there's less difference in the 698 to the 699 than there is between the 690 to the 698 as I'm sure the 2wd versions of the 698/699 where the same front axle bigger and heavier than the smaller 690  :-\ :-\

I think there's less difference in the 698 to the 699 than there is between the 690 to the 698 as I'm sure the 2wd versions of the 698/699 where the same front axle bigger and heavier than the smaller 690  :-\ :-\

couldnt tell you on the front axels, we had a 4wd version of the 98t and 99, and the 2 2wd 90's, cant say i have ever seen a 2wd 99 to be honest, and only pics of a 98 2wd,

One of my mates has a 690 and a 698 and the another mate has a 699 all 2 leggers  :D :D

here's some pics i just looked up  :o :o sorry about hijacking you topic Marcus you can spilt it if you like to a new topic  " Sean is wrong yet again "  ;D ;D

17.jpg

501.jpg

MINI5001-1.jpg

like to try a 298 next, you ever tried casting cabs dan ? nice de-lux duncan cab would be good  :) :)

not quite the standard of detail you produce johny , but happy with the result  :)

i haven't looked into casting yet, i fear if i do i will open a can of worms.  if i did i wpuld spend alot of time trying to perfect a new holland cab

as i said marcus i can cast eh 600 series cab and floor pan, along with a bonnet if you need more

i haven't looked into casting yet, i fear if i do i will open a can of worms.  if i did i wpuld spend alot of time trying to perfect a new holland cab

why would you want to open a can of worms ?

why who's getting it wrong ?  ;)

hmm 600 sizes was a bit strange.

at malherbie the 698 was as big as the 699 although a bit shorter as only a 4 pot, but they were both on 38's

when the 698 was sold & the 698T arrived it was the same size as the neighbours 690 we came to the conclusion that a 698T was basicly a blown 690 wether thats right i dont know. i've also seen a 675 that was longer than a 690 , due to massey offering  short wheel base / long wheelbase

tyre sizes were also the thing to watch , very rarely see a 698T offered on 38' more usual the 34's  :)

while youre on about casting cabs can you get castings of that ros landini cab and mudguards ???

yes you can ::) ::)::)

hmm 600 sizes was a bit strange.

at malherbie the 698 was as big as the 699 although a bit shorter as only a 4 pot, but they were both on 38's

when the 698 was sold & the 698T arrived it was the same size as the neighbours 690 we came to the conclusion that a 698T was basicly a blown 690 wether thats right i dont know. i've also seen a 675 that was longer than a 690 , due to massey offering  short wheel base / long wheelbase

tyre sizes were also the thing to watch , very rarely see a 698T offered on 38' more usual the 34's  :)

your right there marcus, our 698t wasnt any longer or taller than the 2 690s we had, 699 was 100% deff different, ,we never had a plain 698 so maybe that was longer for what ever reason??so couldn't tell ,but going by simons pics its deff longer in those anyway

• 3 weeks later...