cataloging your collection

milo

I am currently re-arranging my models and getting some new shelves in and thought its about time I listed all my models down for insurance purposes. I am hoping to do this on excel and was wondering what headings do you guys use?

I currently have:

Cat No.      Description          Boxed Y/N      Condition     

When it comes to the pricing on you models, do you go on what you paid for it or current market value?

thanks

simon

I'm sure there has been a similar topic on here already but it was some time ago now and I can't rememebr when.

I use the following colums on an excel spreadsheet

Model no eg britains 9500

Number of models 1/2/3

Year if original issue

Storage box number

Description of model and type of box

Last year issued

Price paid

Bought from

I am currently re-arranging my models and getting some new shelves in and thought its about time I listed all my models down for insurance purposes. I am hoping to do this on excel and was wondering what headings do you guys use?

I currently have:

Cat No.      Description          Boxed Y/N      Condition     

When it comes to the pricing on you models, do you go on what you paid for it or current market value?

thanks

simon

I do have both prices. Also i update the price from current market once a year.

texas

There was a fantastic topic on here about this some time ago and if I remember rightly the person had used Microsoft Publisher, he had taken photos of both his models and of the real tractor and built up a data sheet for both, you have got me thinking now and I am probably going to spend all night on here looking at old topics and trying to find it  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\