1:32 Claas Dominator 105

I went to the CaseIH/Steyr dealer in town to see if the Jaguar was still there, and it was, they had it in the workshop to do maintenance on it witch meant i had to go in the office to ask if i could make a few pictures off it, after a few funny looks (they thought i was crazy i think) they told me it was OK.

So thanks to the Weevers company in Swifterbant (Holland) here are the pic's Malcy.

As you can see this machine is set up to harvest test plots, it has a Mercedes engine, that is about all i can say about this machine, hope the pictures help some for a future project maybe.

Erik.

ClaasJaguar70SF.jpg

ClaasJaguar70SF1.jpg

ClaasJaguar70SF10.jpg

ClaasJaguar70SF2.jpg

ClaasJaguar70SF8.jpg

ClaasJaguar70SF9.jpg

• Like 1

Right - todays update on the 105 - cutterbar almost finished, just needs tweeking and painting!

/malc.

I'm just going to nip down the shop . . .

I'm just going to walk the dog . .

I'm just going to make some toast . . .

I'm just going to scratchbuild a perfect model combine in 1/32nd scale . . .

Which of the above is the odd one out? Hint - It isn't easy ;):D

Every stage of development Malcy, is a reel (oh yes!) treat for us. Your work dumbfounds me, it's superb and yet seems like it is of very little hassle to you. . . Come on then, how much have you sworn so far? How many empty red plonk bottles are rolling dangerously around your feet?! :D

it's superb and yet seems like it is of very little hassle to you. . .

got to agree with tristopher here , your builds seem to come together in a ver short space of time with very little fuss & a severe lack of gluey fingerprints & overspray  :)

so when you going to get them cast as kits , so's we can all have one  ;D

just the decals to go

top man ....... top job :) :)

what size is the header supost to be also where can you buy that plastic card

The header is scaled as a 5.4m cutterbar - the largest I could find as being attached to a 105. The plastic card I got from e-bay, see item number: 290244995393. Seemed cheap enough although I'm sure someone will have found it cheaper!! ;)

You thinking of giving something a go?  :)

/m.

never really thought about this before , malcy , but whats the attraction about claas for you , have you been involved with the machines in the past ?, user ? mechanic ? sales ? or just like the colour scheme ?

have you got any kids or animals with the word claas in their names ?

Well, the paint on the cutterbar and reel is dry, so here are a few photos of the painted header. Still needs the detailing doing - like painting the chains for the reel drive etc but perhaps when the Grand Prix is on I'll sit and potter! Oh, and it still needs a cover for the feed auger drive pulleys too....

/m.

post-1701-132638854628_thumb.jpg

post-1701-13263885464_thumb.jpg

never really thought about this before , malcy , but whats the attraction about claas for you , have you been involved with the machines in the past ?, user ? mechanic ? sales ? or just like the colour scheme ?

have you got any kids or animals with the word claas in their names ?

Are you sitting comfortably? Then I'll begin! ;)

As a very small boy I had a chance meeting, close up and personal, with a Matador Giant whilst being taken for a walk by my Grandmother - I recall it being all noise, dust, spinning pulleys and action. That was it, I was totally awed. Since then (we're talking of 35+ years ago!) I've followed Claas. Didn't like the Mercator/Senator as it usurped the Matador in question (KRT 28D) from the farm I first saw it on, but when I worked out that a Senny was basically a Matador in a posh frock things were reconciled! Liked the 80/100 - 85/105 Dominators but it was with the top line models of the Lexion range (notably the 480, then 580 and of course the 600) that I finally had a combine that matched the Matador for inspiration.

I'm a 'puter consultant by trade, my formal education is in Electronic Engineering and I've always been handy with tools (metalwork, carpentry, rebuilding car engines/gearboxes etc) and I have great respect for 'top class' engineering - anything that's 'the best' of something, so military spec stuff (fast jets, the Apaches that train over the cottage, missile guidance stuff) or world class commercial engineering (like the Lexion 600 being the worlds highest capacity combine) gets my respect and admiration. If you're gonna do something, do it right I say...

No kids (that I know of!!) and one cat called Kiddy, so no offspring called Lexion or such - yet!  I have thought about spraying the ride on lawn mower in Claas colours, but that would be silly... or would it?

Anyway, I'm rambling now so I'll stop wasting your time and sign off.

Until the next update...  ;)

/malc.

i think WOW pretty well sums it up for me  :)

do you have the measurements from brouchers to work by ?

Yep - there was a fair amount of research done from brochures, books, photos (my own and from the 'net) and anywhere else I could get info from. Then I sat down and drew a 1:1 scale drawing of the model which helped confirm things - see below.

post-1701-132638854686_thumb.jpg

post-1701-13263885469_thumb.jpg

I have thought about spraying the ride on lawn mower in Claas colours, but that would be silly... or would it?

Anyway, I'm rambling now so I'll stop wasting your time and sign off.

Until the next update...  ;)

/malc.

thanks for that mate , good to get an insight as to what motivates members , a few selected steam trains also get's my interest up .

as for the colour scheme ride on , do it , IT'S GOT TO BE DONE  pics by this afternoon please  :D:)

As Marcus said WOW sums it up really :o Another really first class job

I too am amazed at how quickly your projects go from start to finish with perfect results.

Now I'm sure you fancy a little break from this Claas of model by now, so how about the next one being maybe a New Holland TX32 or perhaps a Deere 1075 :P I reckon you could have both finished by teatime on Bank Holiday Monday ;):D

Anyway, Seriously mate, Well done indeed :)

Next? I was thinking of something Claas that I've not seen in model form - like a very early Jaguar or Markant?

I haven't seen a picture of a 70 SF before, but believe it or not, (Not,as most would think) I once drove a cabless one down to Nigel Ford's part of the country. I drove it from Uckfield to Dallington near Battle for a demo which I wasn't fortunate enough to attend. It was powered by a six cylinder Mercedes engine and the cutting drum was probably the same as the 60 trailed forager. The one I drove had a grass header on it.

I would love to build an 80 SF, as my Uncle, Phil Mariner,  and another Sussex contractor known as Mike Cushing, owned the only two in Sussex. I would imagine the 60 and 80 SF's wouldn't be too difficult to scratch build as they were all corners and angles. I don't remember them having any rounded parts anywhere. I wold love to get hold of a good quality leaflet or booklet of one for the pictures and dimensions of one.

The two Sussex SF 80's weren't too successful. Mike Cushing's had to have a new engine (V 10 aircooled Deutz) as the engine drive plate was fitted the wrong way round causing the engine to overheat, the crankshaft thrust washers to wear out prematurely and damage the pistons etc. I think they also had reliability problems with the metal detectors too. There were other problems, but nothing more than would be expected with a pioneering machine in the mid seventies.

There were other self propelled machines around at the time from New Holland (Had a V 8 3208 Cat engine if my memory serves me well) and Hesston (Correct spelling?), and I think from John Deere, although I think that JD sat back and watched the show before coming out with a very successful well developed machine. 

P.S. You don't happen to have an SF 80 leaflet you could copy for me, would you?.........please?  :)