1:32 Claas Dominator 105

well finished to a stunning model, you may not believe this but me & tris & maybe a few others are up for adoption you know  :D :D

c'mon malcy get the mower done , you can the post it on the ftf members machinery page ! ;)

It is a very nice piece of art Malc :o :o

Have you use 2mm or 3mm plastic card for the building and what material have you use for the header?

I use 1mm plastic card (easier to cut!) with various 90 degree angle section to strengthen the corners. I've got a stock of various strip, round and tube plastic to make the rest up with.

The header was made from 30mm angle section for the base, the auger was brass tube with 1mm copper wire wrapped and soldered on. The reel was 1mm card cut into hexagons, fixed onto 4mm brass tube. The tines are steel mesh from B&Q cut diagonally to suit. The reel is mounted on hinges made from M3 nuts and bolts with arms cut from the 1mm plastic again.

Hope this helps dude!  ;)

/m.

Photo shoot? Sort of, but we've spent today spraying Dani's Hilux black, and that took us up to 10:30, then as we'd skipped supper we had take-away in bed (hmmm - chikky tikky masala!) and now we're watching a Life on Mars off the internet and projected on the wall, so although I've taken the photos, they'll be posted in the morning!

Sorry if you've been waiting... or am I just trying to build up the anticipation?

No.

/m.