Dirtying up / used machinery tips

Jez

Question

16 answers to this question

wow what a transformation jez , look forward to when you've translated it all for us  :D :D

you going to do all your deere's now then ?

Tempting MJB but a lot of work. Maybe one at a time whilst sat on my lonesome in Deutschland???  :( :( :( :'( :-[  :D :D :D;D ;D

I think they look much better and will see what I can do  ;) ;)

Flipping hec.... what an artist.. that is simply superb in the extreme... what a skill... I'd love to have a go at that (and get it somewhere near right)

like me you say it but we never do it  :D :D :D

well as well as work it looks like you'll have to work out which models you'll want to spend time doing .......er..... so to speak :-\ :D

yeah he'll have a nice collection of muddy deeres! :D :D :D::)

The translation, god i need something to do  :D

hello with all, as promised, I will expose you the techniques most used in model making to patinate a tank. j' chose an articulated JD 8430, because c' is an old vehicle, which can thus have some " vécu". place aux photographs: the JD left limps first stage: one starts by making disappear the disgracieux joints with l' helps of cement out of tube (Tamiya, Italéri, or other…) once quite dry cement (24h) one sandpapers with sandpaper for carossery, then with wool d' steel grain 0000 the hose connections d' at this time are added; food of the verrins of the blade surface with l' is protected; helps of band masks, then one repeind the mastiquées zones. all the headlights are replaced by lenses (model making for cars) the sweeping zone of the éssuie ice is masked also at this time the blade is prepared for the patina by applying a veil of brown red now one ataque the phase known as of " weathering" it is intended to reproduce the traces left by the rain and dust on a dirty vehicle or having longtemp remained outside. one applies the small ones touches painting with l' white oil, ochre, ground d' natural shade and dark blue (for a green vehicle) then, with a brush slightly soaked punt d' gasoline F (gasoline with lighter) one draws to the bottom painting while thus provaquant of light trails: after one reproduces various scales of painting and the stripes in any kind with l' d' helps; a very fine brush and nine and one strap hinge of red color brown: one can also reproduce the scales of painting by using a small piece of foam that l' one slightly taps on the surface of the part to damage a first veil of dust (30% of painting XF57 tamiya and 70% d' methylated spirits) are bracket with l' aerographer on surfaces to be covered with dust: mud projections are reproduced by mélageant various powder pigments with l' gasoline F. the mixture is projected on the model into blowing on a piceau with l' projected air with l' aerographer to reproduce l' wear of metal: nothing simpler, a lead pencil to reproduce accumulations of dust, one applies powder pigments to various places: that l' one fixes at l' gasoline F the surplus with l' is removed; d' helps; a brush quite dry punt one obtains also a different effect while passing the fingers one proceeds to the same operation for the tires to reproduce l' oxidation of pot d' exhaust, one uses here various pigments in tons rust mixed with l' gasoline F and applies to the brush one poses then the tractor termuné on a small basis prepared with l' advances:

My view on that, is that it's brilliant, i'd definetly love to do that to a model, it looks great.

Even better, thanks buddy  ;)

Is it me or does that bloke have amazingly clean hands  :-\ :-\ :D

I love doing that, they look so nice and realistic afterwoods. I haven't yet done anything quite as mucky as he has as I don't yet own any models of old tractors but in the future (after xmas) i wil have a fendt 515c and a ford 5000 that will become a ford 4000 as victims...let the rust grow ;D I've been thinking of doing a silage field in which a tractor would be bogged with loads of mud everywhere. In that link astoneshingly he does not speek of drybrush or of "lavis" (french term which I do not know the translation) that are pretty common in military modelling. ???