britains playbase

asmyth

should britains bring out a new playbase  

18 members have voted

1. 1. should britains bring out a new playbase

• yes
    • no

i think the current platbase needs a facelift.  I've not got one of the play bases so if i talking ******** i appologise.

The one i saw at a show looked small.  If you were to put the new JD tractor with tracks in the playbase, i think it would look out of place.  The play base was probably great when Britains did the Ford 5000. It was a much smaller model.

I voted a NO in this poll. Basis being that with the size of farmyards, contractors yards etc as they are today and the varied manner of the buildings these days I think Britains should put their attention towards making individual buildings. Wide-span sheds for grain/machinery, lean-to sheds as 'add ons', single pitch sheds for calf/young stock, tall sheds for driers, silo and feed towers, slurry tanks, sure you all get the picture!!

i recon something along the lines of what TM810 is doing for the younger ones ,small bases that will fit together as for the older ones like us then it would be a bit restrctive to have a play base so individual sheds would be good ,supplied by smurf would be better ! ;)

new gates & fences would also be good as cant get a powerharrow through one of the old ones let alone a combine :-\

It would be great to see a new range of buildings and farm yard equipment such as silos, grain bins etc.

i think ertl did some for the 1/64 scale for the states  & they looked good ,maybe they could just make them a bit bigger for us 1/32 collectors :)

i think ertl did some for the 1/64 scale for the states? & they looked good ,maybe they could just make them a bit bigger for us 1/32 collectors :)

i asked bill walters about that a while back,and he said it was a good idea and it would be passed on to the uk team,prehaps thats one of the new 2006 models

• 6 months later...