Vaderstad topdown question

CX820Joe

Going to demonstrate my cultivation ignorance here - thought I would start a new thread rather than ask in the Agrar Kvernland plough one, but would the topdown be used to prepare the seedbed for the Rapid drill, and therefore, would you need 2 4m topdowns to one 8m rapid drill? ???

A 7m Topdown will need a 500hp tractor, ideally Quadtrac as it's a relatively shallow cultivator. It will go in conditions where Simba's often won't. A 4m will need all of a 936 and it will use every horse. If you have the acres for the drill, you'll need the 7m one for sure. :)

depends on the land, a 6m topdown should keep infront, depends whats pulling it up front ;) cheeper to run one six or eight m  rather than two 4m

is there an 8m??, sure some members kept saying it didnt exist?, potatoman, whats your verdict :-\ :-\ :-\

That's what I'm doing. I only bought the gert drill to display with the Claas Challenger really.

Is Gert west country talk or does this violate the text talk laws?

That is what i will do too mate, the horsch on my 7810 and the 4m top down on the 8530 or 8330.....

Well this has turned out to be a gert topic :D  I have the Horsch drill, so could do that combination - what do I use the STX and possibly another 4wd on though?  Lemken Gigant?

Depends on the type of soil really. Whats you basing your 'soil' on e.g. Sandy, clay, heavy clay etc

For my two penneth

Why would you want to use a topdown and a drill in the same field at the same time unless you are a big scale contractor

cultivate first then change over to the drill  so width shouldn't be a problem as long as the horse power matches the 2 implements