1. 1. Which Is Best????

• Tractor And Heritage
    • Classic Tractor
    • Tractor And Machinery
    • Old Tractor
    • Ford And Fordson
    • Massey Ferguson Tractor and Machinery
    • Other

A slightly difficult one to vote on and pin down to a single publication I feel as they all have their merrits and their place in the market catering for all tastes and ages. I buy 3 of these publications as their content appeals to my past and present.

classic tractor is best by far, first class read, i also get ford and fordson as a fan of the blue stuff. I get tractor and machinery but not so fond anymore but have been reading one called TRACTOR, fairly good with a good model section ;)

Nice one Masseyman!

Your opinion of Classic Tractor is certainly appreciated and each to their own I guess.

In terms of Classic Tractor magazine 'not being worth the money' (note: it has an equal number of editorial pages to T&M, more news, better paper, better pictures and, dare I say, better stories), I would certainly welcome suggestions and ideas on how we can add more value to the publication in the future.

Regards

R Day

Masseyman

I take your point. We would obviously like to have a few more classified adverts in the magazine and accept that most people like to read through them, although we could not cope nor make the costs stack up if we had the same number of classified ads as T&M. At the end of the day.

As you say, it is about personal choice. Most people seem to buy Classic Tractor to read the stories and T&M to read the excellent and huge classified section.

In terms of value, you might like to know that the newsagents and newstrade take, I believe 40-50% of the cover price. That doesn't leave as much as you would think to cover the cost of the very expensive editorial, plus the cost of printing and postage to subscribers, etc. Classic Tractor is a successful magazine but there are certainly no pots of gold. Our costs have gone up along with everyone else's.

R Day

Masseyman

I take your point. We would obviously like to have a few more classified adverts in the magazine and accept that most people like to read through them, although we could not cope nor make the costs stack up if we had the same number of classified ads as T&M. At the end of the day.

As you say, it is about personal choice. Most people seem to buy Classic Tractor to read the stories and T&M to read the excellent and huge classified section.

In terms of value, you might like to know that the newsagents and newstrade take, I believe 40-50% of the cover price. That doesn't leave as much as you would think to cover the cost of the very expensive editorial, plus the cost of printing and postage to subscribers, etc. Classic Tractor is a successful magazine but there are certainly no pots of gold. Our costs have gone up along with everyone else's.

R Day

Hope you dont mind me comenting as im not Massyman but i would like to just say this if thats okay

Are you the editor of classic tractor?

I still think its a great mag, but i just prefer Tractor and machiary because it has classifieds. I understand your point. Also i usally end up getting given classic tractor from a freind once he has read it hence the reason i dont usally buy one :) :)

Please dont think im being funny here :) :) :):-*:-*

Marshman,

Yes, I am the editor of Classic Tractor. If there are ways we can improve what we do and make our product more appealing to more people, then we need to take on board comments like yours, which are extremely useful.

So basically, thanks and no worries.

R Day

Marshman,

Yes, I am the editor of Classic Tractor. If there are ways we can improve what we do and make our product more appealing to more people, then we need to take on board comments like yours, which are extremely useful.

So basically, thanks and no worries.

R Day

Nice to no your on here  :) :) Thanks i hope you dont mind me commeting  :D :D

i get CT all the time due to the era l8 60s to 70s & 80s then the 90s good storys

on all the referbs rareties ,...

i useed to get T&M all the time but there are too many adverts within the restore trade

sometimes giving up too many pages plus the same adds so you are looseing 5% of an

editorial compared to CT which seem to have the ballance right not only that

after reading a "classic" article in CT i can read the same repeated (not word for word)

in T&M a month or so later

another mag i like is "tractor and heritage" and sometimes old tractor

but my top mag is CT followed by T&M yes its personal choice they all have there merits

i just go for late 60s onwards

i'm a CT buyer , (subscription ,saves running to the shop !) & in my view it reports on the tractors identify with , tractors i've used etc,  but the question for the topic was whats best magazine for vintage tractors , so really CT shouldn't  actually be in the poll.

even though it's a first class read :)

you sent that cheque yet rory ? :D :D :D :D :D