Has anyone made a round bale fork with a single spike that attaches to a vintage front loader? If it looked anything like NHFE's, I'd snap it up right away. Guess the spike would have to be small enough to fit through old round bales though. I took a photo of a David Brown 995 with one in Dorset about 20 years ago.

I'm surprised that Britains didn't release any round bale handling equipment with the old Loadall/front loader sets. For that matter, I haven't seen any round bale handling equipment for the more recent loaders..

• 1 month later...

Has anyone made a round bale fork with a single spike that attaches to a vintage front loader? If it looked anything like NHFE's, I'd snap it up right away. Guess the spike would have to be small enough to fit through old round bales though. I took a photo of a David Brown 995 with one in Dorset about 20 years ago.

I'm surprised that Britains didn't release any round bale handling equipment with the old Loadall/front loader sets. For that matter, I haven't seen any round bale handling equipment for the more recent loaders..

apart from using the pallet froks no they didn't .

next time you go to a show mate , go through the rummage boxes , find some serviceable pallet forks , snap forks off, get a nail with same diameter as the hole in bale , drill through backplate , push nail through ,glue & paint ,

sorted  ;)

next time you go to a show mate , go through the rummage boxes , find some serviceable pallet forks , snap forks off, get a nail with same diameter as the hole in bale , drill through backplate , push nail through ,glue & paint ,

sorted  ;)

Not for children under 13 years of age!!  :D :D

Ertl did one, it came in the loader set with the John Deere, Case or MF. Was a shade to big so it meant drilling out the Britains bale centres. Like MJ says though, it is an easy thing to have a go at making.  :)

that is a good simple idea will do it at the weekend when i get home. (the simple ideas are the best) will put up photos when i have it done

sorted  ;)