Siku 2009 Releases

Fendt Fahrer

I agree with you on that Daz as the jd combine seems very exspensive at sixty quid compared to rc2 jd combine at between 35-40 nicker so maybe siku are saying buy ours as its more robust,as it can stand some rough abuse ,has more playability and has a header trailer but these extra features will cost more to produce hence costing more ???

i know id rather pay that bit extra for the siku as its much more detail and like you say can take some abuse, my lexion 600 has fallen of the bench a couple of times and its still going

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Having surveyed the ifor williams trailer at Spalding in more detail i am very unimpressed with this model,the towing hitch is pathetic,the general build and appearence are poor and as for the 2 cows that come with it???

It has no comparison to the earlier britains version-but how come siku managed to secure the rights to this model? Why did britains lose out when they had such a success with original version

Having surveyed the ifor williams trailer at Spalding in more detail i am very unimpressed with this model,the towing hitch is pathetic,the general build and appearence are poor and as for the 2 cows that come with it???

It has no comparison to the earlier britains version-but how come siku managed to secure the rights to this model? Why did britains lose out when they had such a success with original version

I'm not sure that Britains 'lost out'. 

If you look back over the Siku and Britains ranges over the last 25 years, you will find several examples of both companies producing a toy/model of the same make,  or even same machine:  Renault 145-14, JCB Fastrac,  New Holland 35 series,  Deutz-Fahr DX92/DX4.70,  Massey 7200 series combines for a start (originally,  Britains were also going to make a Fendt version too). 

At the same time as Siku were preparing their Claas Lexion 480,  Britains also were rumoured to have a Lexion pencilled in for production, but it sadly didn't appear.

Just wondering something about the JD combine - could it conceivably be released in the future as a W series, as they appear to have similar shapes, or are there fundamental differences which would prevent this?

No reason Joe... It would work...... And maybe an easy C Series conversion ;)