BurrenBane Farm

noel

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stage 6 - Expansion

Well i added 2 more fields to the layout, a smaller paddock for livestock and a larger one for silage. Still not too happy with the cut look in the silage field, i sprayed it yellow but was far to bright, so covered with pva glue and sprinkled some sand on it to dull it down a bit.

Done a bit more detailing as well, added some trees, grass verges etc

Layout1.jpg

Layout2.jpg

Layout3.jpg

Noel how do you transport it and what kind of work is involved in it?

Leverets ain't that big but with nothing being flatpackable it takes up a lot of room. Are your buildings the same? Do the filed boards all pull apart and the hedges etc remove from their vases to make stowage easier  . ..  etc etc. . .  please elobarate!  :D

Cheers Noel, Tris.

That layout looks fantastic Noel, it makes an excellent location for your models, I really like the granite wall at the entrance, nice feature.

I'd be worried that a little kid would try and pick something up at the show and start playing, does that ever happen?

That layout looks fantastic Noel, it makes an excellent location for your models, I really like the granite wall at the entrance, nice feature.

I'd be worried that a little kid would try and pick something up at the show and start playing, does that ever happen?

it happened to both noel and myself at that comber show i nearly had a wrote off liebheer digger,electric fence is goin up around the next dispalys we do

Noel how do you transport it and what kind of work is involved in it?

Leverets ain't that big but with nothing being flatpackable it takes up a lot of room. Are your buildings the same? Do the filed boards all pull apart and the hedges etc remove from their vases to make stowage easier  . ..  etc etc. . .  please elobarate!  :D

Cheers Noel, Tris.

Hi Tris

Yes i've designed the layout so it can be transported to shows, its build on 2 x 4 ft Chipboard, kind of started out with making a small layout for the comber show and before i knew it, things kinda got out of hand  :D  :D

All the stone walls are trees do come out for transportation, the hedges are made from hanging basket liner and are glued to softwood and then screwed to the base board, works out very well as you can stack them onto of eachother  ;)

I can't take any credit for the Cow shed, implement shed and Silo, a fella close to me called Paul Savage made the sheds and silo, i VERY IMPRESSED with them and have a dutch barn and large enclosed implement shed on order, should have them for Feb 09.

Anymore questions fire away

Noel

I would strongly recommend taking a few prozac  :D  :D

Some parents really don't seem to understand that they are not toys, there was 2 girls fighting over a drink and were very close to the layout, they did break a small part off the fence, it was easily fixed, but the parent was so apologetic and i never seen them move out of the hall so quickly.  :D

Brian the show organiser had chairs 2 ft from people displays with tape along the front to stop people, which is a great idea and for the most part worked well!

It wouldn't stop me from doing another show, infact i had such a good time meeting new people i can't wait for the next one!

Noel