How many of us collect Brochures

As the topic title really.. I'd like to know how may of us collect brochures  

40 members have voted

1. 1. As the topic title really.. I'd like to know how may of us collect brochures

• Yep.. I'm as sad as you Marky
    • No way.. not for me thanks

Being the nosey sod I am... and a bit like the HUGE question... is there life out there on other solar systems ??? .. and for the same reason, that none of us like to think we are alone...

So... please tell me... do you collect brochures... ??? - if you do... WHAT exactly do you collect ???

I do... as I am sure you all know... all MF stuff for me - and lots and lots of it  :)

Please feel free to ramble away about your collecting criteria as much as you like

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have got a few SAME brochures but only about 20 or so, I can't really afford to collect models AND brochures.

Having said that I have just bought a SAME logo wallet and a keyring...........ooooh robbo pushes the boat out ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

So I suppose, yes, I am as sad as the rest of us on here ::) ::)::) ::)::)

Being David Brown orientated I collect these. Have 3 folders full of advertising and sales brochures and a very large tall cabinet full of handbooks, parts lists, workshop manuals and everything else in printed matter. Comes in very usefull too.

Being David Brown orientated I collect these. Have 3 folders full of advertising and sales brochures and a very large tall cabinet full of handbooks, parts lists, workshop manuals and everything else in printed matter. Comes in very usefull too.

ive just found a coupel of david brown ones i can list them if you want

I know this isn't a brochure but I suppose it could be called "collectable".

Massey Ferguson matches

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VERY-OLD-MASSEY-FERGUSON-MATCHES-UP-FOR-GRABS_W0QQitemZ160297948758QQihZ006QQcategoryZ121875QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

There is a reserve on them so he is looking for at least £50 (the lowest reserve you can put on)  :o :o :o :o

Have you got any Marky??

I know this isn't a brochure but I suppose it could be called "collectable".

Massey Ferguson matches

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VERY-OLD-MASSEY-FERGUSON-MATCHES-UP-FOR-GRABS_W0QQitemZ160297948758QQihZ006QQcategoryZ121875QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

There is a reserve on them so he is looking for at least £50 (the lowest reserve you can put on)  :o :o :o :o

Have you got any Marky??

I have got some old French 35 ones like that... in pretty poor condition... I think matches are a whole new hobby... I've got tonnes of 'little things' with MF on... lighters, keyrings, pens, ashtrays etc. etc.. can take some pics if you like  :-\

I`m sure it`s  about the collecting thing , rather than wanting models or brochures or stamps etc so when you have that collecting "BUG" you are hooked ! ...........I don`t do brochures anymore, I used to ...loads got chucked out  and sold a heap to Colm !

Anything and everything, from the earliest English tractors (Saunderson, Marshall, etc) to the very latest Claas, JD, New Holland models, etc. Plus implement and harvester literature for the same era. The more exotic and unusual the better!

Also old farming magazines from 1900 through to the present day (Farm Implement & Machinery Review, Power Farming, Farmers Weekly, etc), tractor reference books, dealer product manuals, Green Books, tractor and implement guides, prices lists, posters - basically all forms of paper advertising for tractors, but not instruction books, owrkshop manuals or parts lists.

R Day

Nearly 5000 brochures of everything and anything - from 1958 Dexta brochure to 2008 Deutz M series ;) Like Mark I'm gone more ito this but I have curtailed my spending on ebay now so only get them at the Ploughing Match and local dealers ;)

Also lots of Power Farming and Profi magazines ;)

With about 3000 of all kinds of makes of tractors and implements my toyroom (or is it my brochureroom) is rather filled ;D . Started collection in the late 70's with brochures from agricultural shows with all makes of tractors and implements.

I'm now thinning out my collection to keep the Fordson, Ford, New Holland and Ford conversion brochures. Just these add up to about 1500 pcs. They are now being stored in blue folders and are put together sorted by land of origin. Most of the brochures are from the USA, The Netherlands, UK, France and Sweden. But other not so well known countries are India (brochure starts from the backside), Brasil, Australia etc. Not only tractors but also the implements and other stuff like pressure washers etc.

Conversion brochures I have are from County, Roadless, Doe, Muir-Hill, Selene and Supertorque and some others. Posted earlier this year a 6 cylinder conversion from denmark on FTF.

The earliest brochure I have is a 1939 Ford 9N (Ford -Ferguson) from the USA and ranges through a 1947 Fordson E27N with P6 and several Ford preforce models until the latest New Holland ones (T6000 Range Command).

I locate my brochures nowadays mostly from the internet and also from other collectors I meet on FTF. Every week I see brochures I did not see before and I'm tempted to buy everything but need to keep some cash for models I like a lot also (over 400 on only Ford) :) :)

So anyone interested in other makes to trade against Ford, maybe I have some for you.

Jack.

Ps. will be in Zwolle next weekend with a table to sell brochures ;)

have collected since i was about ten, all the ford jd deutz from local dealers. I also have a large claas collection including some rare stuff, some also signed by helmut himself.

I also have lots of drivers kits that have begged borrowed or (bought) ;) from new tractors for all the big three ford jd and int!!!!!! :D :D :D

some intersting statistics in this poll... I didn't realise so many of us collected brochures as well.. I may have to campaign the boss for a dedicated brochure board on here I reckon  :P

I'm in the process of putting the dates to each MF product from the date codes... VERY slow going... but will make for an interesting timeline when complete  :-\

One of the key things for me in my collection is the history/progress Mf made over the years... not to mention the HUGE amount of products they created