Where are those UK sugar beet pictures?

Richard de Florennes

We've just bought a Sugarbeet harvester at work, It's a Riecam RBM230.

But already it's been adapted for Fodder Beet! That's the only sort of beet you see down this way.

indeed luke, few people down this way do it, but not many i must say

sorry sasach ,did actually see a fair bit going on over the last 3 days, 2 verretts working away, and i belive a ploger to(was green and yellow) with loads of tractors hauling, mostly mf and nh's but i forgot my camera unfortunatly

indeed luke, few people down this way do it, but not many i must say

sorry sasach ,did actually see a fair bit going on over the last 3 days, 2 verretts working away, and i belive a ploger to(was green and yellow) with loads of tractors hauling, mostly mf and nh's but i forgot my camera unfortunatly

That would be a Riecam Sean ;):)

We have the contractor coming to get our first beet out at work this week, think he has a nearly new Verveat now so will try to get pictures of it :)

some good news for sugar beet mashinery fans in the UK - I hope for more pics in the 2009 season then ...

http://www.fwi.co.uk/Articles/2008/11/30/113291/new-sugar-beet-cleaner-loader-available-for-the-uk.html

Some more details on that here including brochure download :)

http://www.standen.co.uk/HOLMER%20TERRA-FELIS/

• 3 weeks later...

It's the same with  my area of Canada. All the beet processing plants have closed down long ago. I think there is none left in Canada at all. I know sugar beet are being grown in southwestern Ontario but they are being hauled in to nearby Michigan.

There are a few Ropa machines at work in that area.

I also love this crop and I find the machinery used for harvesting it just fascinating. One of my favorite models in my collection is the Vervaet Beeteater 925. But I also would love to have a Ropa Euromaus, a Agrifac Hexa 12 and Ropa Eurotiger.