The Adventures of Marky and Mavis... the MF240QD - new to me on 14th November 08

Lord Ferguson

The big question.... restore her or not ?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. The big question.... restore her or not ?

• Yep... give her the works
    • No... leave her alone

Indeed... new rims and centres too mate... even the bolts too  :)  ...

I love that pic of Mavis and her bigger cousin... it's now my screen saver for the week  :D :D  ... I had a little go in the 8690 today as well... what a monster she is.... this one belongs to Massey and is going back to be taken to pieces for research

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not genuine MF sadly Mark... genuine MF's are no loner available like that.. the wheel rim and centre that they do to fit is £700 a side  :o

These were about £275 the pair from Cheffins from memory.. and the best match I can find...

as for Timmy the trailer... I had to take the rims with me... and I also took my mate a bag of ballast for his new concrete tractor shed floor..

As for you Stevie... Pppppwwwwwtttthhhhhhh

they look the part marky  8) you will have to get fronts done now to and the give the rest of her a good polish to try and bring the paint work up

thanks buddy... I think I will... the problem is... every time I put something new on... it makes the rest look old and rusty  :D :D

she looks happier on new boots!, the picture of new and old though just shows you the progress in machinery!....just hope Harry doesnt want one in a few years!

nice little trailer as well, has it had topsoil in yet? ???;D ;D ;D

well... I've been having a 'me day' today.. I took Mavis to my local dealers to have some new wheel rims (that I bought at a recent Cheffins sale) fitted...

Here she is... little and large... Mavis is the one in front by the way...

DSCN0032.jpg

and here she is on the way home (note the new rear wheel rims)...

DSCN0099.jpg

DSCN0102.jpg

I just need to paint them now...

Had new tubes as well by the way

Nice Comparison Mark and before I even read the post I though "Little and large"

Rock on Tommy....sorry Marky

I have a threory that all the 'billy basic' models like Hattie wil be... it's just the highly electronic versions that won't be about.... I'm a real fan of good old enginering... soloniods and switches if necessary... but not software to do everything as it is now days

I have a threory that all the 'billy basic' models like Hattie wil be... it's just the highly electronic versions that won't be about.... I'm a real fan of good old enginering... soloniods and switches if necessary... but not software to do everything as it is now days

interesting topical subject, the 3000 and 3600 series were height of technology in their day what is the census of opinion  on numbers of them still around. only speak of my area but dont see them around perhaps these might be an indication to the longevity of tractors such as 8690?.

Now I am not a professional tractor user, but from the articles I have read the computers part of the 3000 and 3600 were actually pretty reliable considering they were pretty much the first in the market.

The main point, I think, is that computers have come a very long way in a short time. My first desk top would die with a change of tempreture, where as my current lap top is pretty bomb proof.

But it does beg the question, what will be the yard scrapers of 2020?

Now I am not a professional tractor user, but from the articles I have read the computers part of the 3000 and 3600 were actually pretty reliable considering they were pretty much the first in the market.

The main point, I think, is that computers have come a very long way in a short time. My first desk top would die with a change of tempreture, where as my current lap top is pretty bomb proof.

But it does beg the question, what will be the yard scrapers of 2020?

if milking parlours are anything to go by then robots will be scrapers of 2020