The Adventures of Marky and Mavis... the MF240QD - new to me on 14th November 08

Lord Ferguson

The big question.... restore her or not ?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. The big question.... restore her or not ?

• Yep... give her the works
    • No... leave her alone

nice picture there mark, nice to see the wether change for the better to actually get to take the picture !

now then Chessie ?

now there's only two ways the the conversation went & i would imagine they'd sound some thing along the lines of

M; now then i've asked your mother & brother & i've been told where to get off , so it has to be you

C; me what ?

M; to help me get the tractor & trailer ready for the road run

C; you are joking ?

M; nooooo it'll be great just me an you messing about for the day

C; ok but there are conditions, it's got to be sunday so nobody can see me , i'm not wearing MF overalls & i need a few things from town & £200 should cover it !

M; done !

or

C; hey dad why not you & me spend the day with the little red tractor & the trailer havent had much time to get it ready for the road run & i think that little tractor's lovely

M;*THUD* oops sorry ches seemed to have fallen over just then ? (he says as he grabs his MF coat & mittens which are connected by a string running through the sleeves & skips down the path towards the car .............................)

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is that where it went, been looking terrible at work all week since that was lost ;D ;D ;D ;D

Spotty Sean they are calling you behind your back in the mod room  :of;):-[:P

They (well Gav and Tris) (oh and Colm) are saying that you have a face like a welders bench mate  :of:P

Could be worse... they are calling Marcus 'old white lips' .. they reckon he looks like 'Mr Dead' without his face on mate  :of :of :of

Not all of it mate... she left me the lippy you gave me.... and Sean's blusher too  :P

Spotty Sean they are calling you behind your back in the mod room  :of;):-[:P

They (well Gav and Tris) (oh and Colm) are saying that you have a face like a welders bench mate  :of:P

Could be worse... they are calling Marcus 'old white lips' .. they reckon he looks like 'Mr Dead' without his face on mate  :of :of :of

a-hem...............er  well i err yes but....well you know .........i think you'll find it was pritstik i lent you  :-\

so your telling me you been applying glue to your lips everyday  :of

• 4 weeks later...

As promised... here's the new weight frame I treated Hattie DOH.... Mavis I mean (sorry Mavis  :-[  )... (in the old days that would have been a numpty) to...

DSCN0247c.jpg

New weights... well.. new secondhand...

DSCN0277.jpg

Just need to find 2 more 5/8 x 1 & 1/4" UNC bolts and heavy washers to mount them on with now  ;D

DSCN0280.jpg

looking well were they needed or just a treat and might it not make the steering heavy

might be an idea to talk to ursus old dealers or owners their copy of the 300 series was fitted with exact copies of the 100series weights im pretty sure they are the exact same only they are black we have a full set of 10 from our ursus

DSCF1488.jpg

id imagine so the 165 can do that with the transport box full of bags of meal and she would be a bit bigger that mavis

i removed the picture just so i didnt spoil your topic  ;)

and a fair bit longer as well I guess Denis...

No need to remove the picture mate.. it was very relevant... in fact... I'd actually like to see it again  :-[ :'(

looking well were they needed or just a treat and might it not make the steering heavy

might be an idea to talk to ursus old dealers or owners their copy of the 300 series was fitted with exact copies of the 100series weights im pretty sure they are the exact same only they are black we have a full set of 10 from our ursus

200 series Denis rather than the 300 series. Indeed the Ursus 450 is very similar to the MF 250.

and a fair bit longer as well I guess Denis...

No need to remove the picture mate.. it was very relevant... in fact... I'd actually like to see it again  :-[ :'(

alot longer come to think about it  :laugh:

ill post it back up in a few minutes  ;)

200 series Denis rather than the 300 series. Indeed the Ursus 450 is very similar to the MF 250.

we had a 490  but these were the weights that were given with it but i never knew these were based on 200 series the cab always seemed to be like the 300 series cab and nothing like the 290 we used have

As promised... here's the new weight frame I treated Hattie to...

New weights... well.. new secondhand...

Just need to find 2 more 5/8 x 1 & 1/4" UNC bolts and heavy washers to mount them on with now  ;D 

by which you mean mavis ?

looking good! i prefer driving mavis to hattie....

Thanks Alex... I think I'd rather drive Mavis too really... not for any long distance mind you  :of:D :D

John... the EARLY 240 used grey versions of the 100 series weights I do believe... I found a picture in some literature a while back... will find it again and post it up

• 4 weeks later...

Yes I did mate... and more importantly... the thick washers that hold them to the frame too.

at weatherheads or while you were out & about , love finding things that siut the job you need them for  :)