The Adventures of Marky and Mavis... the MF240QD - new to me on 14th November 08

Lord Ferguson

The big question.... restore her or not ?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. The big question.... restore her or not ?

• Yep... give her the works
    • No... leave her alone

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

well... I thought I'd stretch Fannys legs today... so I did just that...

I decided to 'don my linkbox' and run the apple trays back to my local grower...

IMAG0205.jpg

Not really necessary.... but a good excuse if ever I spotted one  ;D

Here she is back home and ready for bed...

IMAG0207.jpg

sporting her new mirror...

IMAG0208.jpg

and here she is in bed...

IMAG0209.jpg

You just can't beat a bit of unnecessary tractor driving on a sunny sunday afternoon  ;D

well... I thought I'd stretch Fannys legs today... so I did just that...

I decided to 'don my linkbox' and run the apple trays back to my local grower...

Not really necessary.... but a good excuse if ever I spotted one  ;D

Here she is back home and ready for bed...

sporting her new mirror...

and here she is in bed...

You just can't beat a bit of unnecessary tractor driving on a sunny sunday afternoon  ;D

who  ???:D :D

right mirror... wrong colour mate... for that cab... should be silver  :-\

well get the silver mist out then man, never seen one with that mirror on i must say, only the single armed almost 100 series ones with that shape glass unit on, mind you that was on a 250 from memory, but qd cab

Cabcraft was the other one I think ;)

So Mark have you decided to restore her or leave her alone ???

Cabcraft was the one on Mavis Colm... not done on a 250... it was also fitted to the 135QD as well.

I've decided..... I'm leaving her alone FOR NOW... I suspect that may change in the future... but for now... she's staying in her old clothes  :)

• 4 weeks later...

With the Cottenham road run looming (next Sunday)... I thought I'd better get Mavis out and stretch her legs... my dear old mummy wanted some of my 'black gold' topsoil... so I thought I'd make a special delivery on Mavis...

I must get myself a front weight frame and some weights  :o :o - one thig is for sure... with a linkbox full of soil I won't be wearing out my front tyres on the road  :o :o - mind you... it's fun steering with 'fiddle brakes'  :D :D :D

IMAG0225.jpg

only problem was... it rained  :'( :'( - so poor old Mavis had to go to bed with wet hair  :'( :'( - look at the raindrops on her window  :'( :'( :'( poor old girl

IMAG0226.jpg

The good news is... this topsoil is getting 'self-perpetuating' I stopped to speak to a mate in Mavis... showed him the soil and I'm delivering him a full load on Monday  ;D - he reckons a few others around him will want it when they see the stuff too  ;D

One mans waste is another mans gold as they say  :)

You could always ballast the front wheels..... ;D ;D

So you're going to sell a mountain of black stuff and convert it to red stuff  :)

That's no where near as much fun as buying a weight frame John  >:(:D :D

Well it will help my red bank account thats for sure  :-[:D :D