The Adventures of Marky and Mavis... the MF240QD - new to me on 14th November 08

Lord Ferguson

The big question.... restore her or not ?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. The big question.... restore her or not ?

• Yep... give her the works
    • No... leave her alone

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D :D  - that's for my 'vertically challenged' (you can't say short ass these days evidently) builder.  And for when Tris and Marcus visit in April... so they can use the toilet for a 'sit down job'  ;D:D :D

charming  ::)  well at least we won't have to use your waste paper basket again ........ i told you those metal mesh things wouldn't be suitable  :D :D :-\

You've been busy Marky.  :)

That nice new wee trailer sort of makes the 240 look a bit dull........... ::) ::):D

whoaaaaaaaaaaaa there john , in one fell swoop not only have you just reduced our shy & retireing , reserved & inward, neigh & i say neigh again for our slightly awkward freind mark to tears & it's so sad to see the tears running down his cheek & snot running from his nose as he snivvels his way to his piggy bank only to realise he has to save for nearly a whole week before he decides to get the 240 completely refurbished .

:D :D :D - well... what can I say to all this...

One true gentleman in three posts...

We have JDC... who may as well have ripped my heart out and jumped up and down all over it... I'd rather you insulted my wife than that hugely hurtful comment about my Mavis

Bill... as ever, the true gentleman - god bless you Bill  :-*

And as for you... Marcus... a week... are you kidding... it won't cost that much surely  :o:D :D

Seriously.. I'm not sure where you get the idea from that I am loaded... spendthrift... I will admit to... but loaded I am most certainly not..  :-[ :'(

I'm considering locking this topic... Ooooo the pain... it hurts so bad...

oh.. and shy, retiring.. inward... do I detect a slight whiff of sarcasm young man  >:(:D :D

:D :D :D - well... what can I say to all this...

One true gentleman in three posts...

We have JDC... who may as well have ripped my heart out and jumped up and down all over it... I'd rather you insulted my wife than that hugely hurtful comment about my Mavis

Bill... as ever, the true gentleman - god bless you Bill  :-*

And as for you... Marcus... a week... are you kidding... it won't cost that much surely  :o:D :D

Seriously.. I'm not sure where you get the idea from that I am loaded... spendthrift... I will admit to... but loaded I am most certainly not..  :-[ :'(

hey i'm sticking up for you here mate , in a strange sort of way  :-\

I'm considering locking this topic... Ooooo the pain... it hurts so bad...

oh.. and shy, retiring.. inward... do I detect a slight whiff of sarcasm young man  >:(:D :D

err no i think that was tris , i think um.. he had beans last night  :-[

now we all know mr jdc would restor our mavis to his usual high standards ,i bet hes cooking something up even as i type, infact i know he is, but mavis is a rare well cared for farm condidtion origoanl so having seen her now i recon leave her alone ,sometimes you can go just that little to far wit hstuff like that

Brilliant! My first post for months and got LF, MJB and TM810 in one go  ;D

I was merely stating what everybody including Bill must've thought but were too afraid of the monstrous power the Lord of the Fergusons can wield on this forum - apart from that I do like shiny red paint. (Like the trailer) ;D ;D

Maybe John and me could give the trailer a makeover a nice weathered  ( used and abused ) look. All we would need is some red oxide paint and a spray gun and Bob's your uncle.......

:D  - not a bad idea Bill... I'll bring it up to the Lakeland show... you can take it home from there  :D :D

Pure guess, what about a Marshal 132 which was a re badged IMT and therefore a rebadged, rebaged Massey. If it is its mega rare.

(Sorry Mark)

I didn't see the photo you attached untill just now AIS but it isn't a 132 now, it still looks Massey-fide in panels and grill.

well... I've been having a 'me day' today.. I took Mavis to my local dealers to have some new wheel rims (that I bought at a recent Cheffins sale) fitted...

Here she is... little and large... Mavis is the one in front by the way...

DSCN0032.jpg

and here she is on the way home (note the new rear wheel rims)...

DSCN0099.jpg

DSCN0102.jpg

I just need to paint them now...

Had new tubes as well by the way

Looks good Marky :)

But what was wrong with the old ones? ::)

three things really mate....

1.  They were odd sizes... one for a 10" tyre... and the other for a 12" tyre...

2.  They are from a 135 and a 35... both of which are the wrong wheels for a 240.. the rim bolts have the heads on the outside of a 240... nuts on the outside of a 35/135 you see... it really wound me up

3.  One of them had a slow.. the tubes were both shot you see Cerin

nice pics mark , you say new rims but it looks like a complete new wheel to me ?

lloks funny from a time when grey fergies /35/& 135 would be the farms main tractor , compared to the new flagship ! in a space of what 58 years from the launch of the first grey fergie ?

three things really mate....

1.  They were odd sizes... one for a 10" tyre... and the other for a 12" tyre...

2.  They are from a 135 and a 35... both of which are the wrong wheels for a 240.. the rim bolts have the heads on the outside of a 240... nuts on the outside of a 35/135 you see... it really wound me up

3.  One of them had a slow.. the tubes were both shot you see Cerin

Ahh good enough reasons for me boss, your going to have to spray the rest of the tractor up now i rekon ;)