The Adventures of Marky and Mavis... the MF240QD - new to me on 14th November 08

Lord Ferguson

The big question.... restore her or not ?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. The big question.... restore her or not ?

• Yep... give her the works
    • No... leave her alone

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bring em down Gavalar... we'll soon find out mate  ;D

I'll have to go and cut a couple more rings off the tree first, saving the remaining one in the wood shed for a chopping block ;D ;D  Had to cut the other ones up with the chainsaws ;D

• 2 months later...

well... Me and Chessie (My daughter) have been messing about on Mavis today.. we've been 'road testing' my new road run trailer around the estate... just to make sure it's safe before going on the road... sadly.. it's not  :-[  :D :D  ... it's too wobbly and needs a brace piece or two I think... never mind... plenty of time to get it right as the road run is at the end of next month...

Thought you'd like some update pictures... first.. Mavis on her new wheels...

DSC_0338.jpg

Next... the trailer how it is as the MKI version....

DSC_0295.jpg

I'll post up the MKII version when I've done it... next week hopefully...

and finally.. with Hattie...

DSC_0280.jpg

Lovely original looking tractor you have there Mark. Have you decided whether to keep her that way, or do a full restoration job ?

What colour are the new wheels though, and what,s the hole in the grille for ?

thanks boys...

The wheels are just as they come.. they WILL get a coat of silver mist at some stage... I need somewhere to spray first mind you... my garage is full of stuff I don't want covered in overspary sadly... and food and pain don't mix... so work is currently out to  :-[ ...

I reckon she'll get the treatment at some point.. that is... if I don't find something else to restore before I've found some suitable premises to have as a workshop  :-\

forgot about the weight frame.. I think it's still in Mrs F's landy.. well... I hope it is

well as long as she doesn't take it to the garage first eh ;)

as for mavis, the more i look at her the more i recon just a good t cut and polish will sort her out, its mostly paint fade at the end of the day

She had a Tcut when I first got her.. didn't bring back a lot really... I think she's beyond Tcut mate sadly...

And thanks Bas... she's a pretty old lady in my opinion... like a real tractor should look.. if that makes sense