The Adventures of Marky and Mavis... the MF240QD - new to me on 14th November 08

Lord Ferguson

The big question.... restore her or not ?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. The big question.... restore her or not ?

• Yep... give her the works
    • No... leave her alone

:of :of :of :of :of :of :of ,..............not GENUINE washers,.........you disappoint me  young man..... >:( >:(

Off to the naughty corner with you ...... :police: :police:

Will have to post you some..... ;)

can you post a naughty corner to me as well unkyfergy ;D ?

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:of :of :of :of :of :of :of ,..............not GENUINE washers,.........you disappoint me  young man..... >:( >:(

Off to the naughty corner with you ...... :police: :police:

Will have to post you some..... ;)

:-[  ... I do now have two genuines... but that's all

no pictures? you're just  being selfish now!  :-*

I have NEVER sold Fish... Cheese... Hams and related cookeed meats, vegetables... Milk and even cooking oil... but I have never sold fish

ah... actually... we did sell pre-packed smoked mackerel fillets once I think  :-[

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Nothing much to report here really...  except I came to work on Saturday morning to find Lumpy had 'helped himself' to Mavis and was in the carpark with her  :of

It's a bit like coming home and finding him in bed with your wife so far as I am concearned  :of

DSCN0821.jpg

He had her on the splitter... as he said... and I quote "Mr Mark you lazy boy... you said me eight oclock... iz now nine three-tee.. me now wait for you any longer... me busy busy'  >:(:-[

DSCN0824.jpg

As he's twice the size of me and has arms like Popeye I let him off this time  :-[

Nothing much to report here really...  except I came to work on Saturday morning to find Lumpy had 'helped himself' to Mavis and was in the carpark with her  :of

It's a bit like coming home and finding him in bed with your wife so far as I am concearned  :of

DSCN0821.jpg

He had her on the splitter... as he said... and I quote "Mr Mark you lazy boy... you said me eight oclock... iz now nine three-tee.. me now wait for you any longer... me busy busy'  >:(:-[

DSCN0824.jpg

As he's twice the size of me and has arms like Popeye I let him off this time  :-[

but only this once eh?........ ;D ;D ;D .........you are very lucky he has initiative, that one of mine would have stood about like a numpty until I turned up to tell him what to do despite me probably telling him the night before what the plan was for tomorrow !!!!

Mr Mark, I like work for you, you pay me money, I work for you, you no pay me do nothing

I can hear him from here

It sounds like you've met him before John  :of:D :D  .. he's a good lad I must say.. hands like shovels.. always keen to please and one of life's grafters  :)  .. I'm a lucky chap really... he does make most jobs look half what they really are to us 'lesser mortals'  :of:-[

well not quite but someone very similar and from whom i learned a lot.Graham that used to work for us from 1984 until he retired in 1990.

We still keep in regular contact...................we used to say jobs took one "graham power" or one and a half normal man power. one of life`s good guys, a real hard worker and someone I`m very proud to call a friend

marky you do make me laugh!  ;D

ah the little 40's looking well mark , very well indeed , quite a handy little tractor to have about by the looks of it , just think that foreign 410 you had would have shaken it'self to bits by now  ;D

just a question , are the wheels the right silver ? they look a bit type new shade of silver rather than 200 /500 series era shade silver  ???

They are still in their undercoat mate.... rears I obtained from Cheffins a while back... fronts are 'genuine MF' and they are wrong  :of::):D :D

I've got some new Silver Mist fronts ready to go on.. and do intend to spray the rears when it warms up a bit this year

Actually... he did mate  :of  .. he had the airline out and blew her all down.. bless him !

I've had Mavis out today for a run around the village as well.. the little trailer was out on loan (with 4t of road planings in it) .. so I used Mavis to collect it back again  ;D  .. happy days  :-*

• 2 months later...

Well you could already have read it in the Hattie topic!

So here are the photo´s of Mavis i took or my Girlfriend took!

I must look to upload a litle film i made when Sandra where driving Mavis!

What a nice tractor she said no Johny we have to buy one for me she said :)

First Sandra trying to start Mavis he did it verry well aint she Mark! ;D8);)

spalding2011013.jpg

Look at herr big smile! ;D

spalding2011012.jpg

spalding2011011.jpg

And then me posing on Mavis

spalding2011010.jpg

And me again when i had a nice drive whit Mavis!

spalding2011009.jpg

Thanks Mark for the great time!