The Adventures of Marky and Mavis... the MF240QD - new to me on 14th November 08

Lord Ferguson

The big question.... restore her or not ?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. The big question.... restore her or not ?

• Yep... give her the works
    • No... leave her alone

I bet! Can't you get a replica one?  :-\ I'd be scared to leave it anywhere!

I don't know nothing about MF luckily theres Wikapedia  :D :D :D :D

Keep it that way Luke.. we have enough hermits on here already  ;)

So come on bignose have you had either Lumpy or Diane scrubbing that bonnet yet  ???

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luckily the front badge from a Vauxhall Astra Coupe Bertone 2.0ltr turbo is the same Luke - so I should be ok for a badge if mine gets nicked  ;D

Seriously... I have a spare... I reckon it's the only one in the country not on a tractor as well  :o - it was pinched from the factory in 1979  ;D

Luckily the front badge from a Vauxhall Astra Coupe Bertone 2.0ltr turbo is the same Luke - so I should be ok for a badge if mine gets nicked  ;D

Seriously... I have a spare... I reckon it's the only one in the country not on a tractor as well  :o - it was pinched from the factory in 1979  ;D

If you had a Vauxhall badge on Mavis she would pull twice aswell!

Vrooom Tschhh :-*

Good call Marky :)I think you'll be surprised once you've been hard at it with the T cut and polish :P :P

his arms never been up & down that fast in his life paul  :D :D :D :D :D;)

think know you've made the right decision mark, the road to refurbishment soon starts to get expensive  & the trouble with a rebiuld is that once it's done you'll never use it . i find it very sad that the only time the majority of the concours tractors are moved is into a position ready for showing  :(

as for the little cabless 240 in the workshop , i'll see if i can get a few pics of one up the road  same as yours with the gold badge  in yard scraper hell  :(

stoneleigh is too dark , always has been, harry ferguson wanted all his tractors to be painted battleship greyas that was his favorite colour , thus the colour of the grey ferguson came about  so just lighten up the stoneleigh with some white

although i think all the ferguson implements were painted the darker stonleigh grey

well here is the latest update for Mavis...

Been into work today to have a go at making Mavis look a little more presentable... photographs don't do paintwork much justice but I think you can tell the difference...

Here she is before any polish is applied...

DSC_6095.jpg

A nasty old leaking exhaust... look what it's done to the bonnet  :o :o

DSC_6097.jpg

The worst thing about this little lady is the top of her bonnet... a real shame really as everywhere else she's great paintwork wise  :-\

DSC_6102.jpg

30 mins of buffing and polishing later... a bit redder.. but not much different really...

DSC_6104.jpg

as you can see... I've done the other side as well now

before you think about the bonnet, get the exhaust problem sorted ;) and any mechanic issues sorted first ;) but i think she actually looks soooo good. i honestly think so if you were to replace the grill and respray the bonnet, this lady would be ready for shows :);) i think you should leave the rest of her original 8) maybe clean up inside the cab :-\

great work marky!!!! :)

long shot marky, what about trying that greets guy, see if hes got a good condition bonnet arround, doesnt need to be 100% mint, as faded a little wont hurt, just new decals then if he has, prob cheaper than a respray??

Greets have no 240's Sean... I spoke to him on Firday.. they only have a 250... which they told me was a 240 until I questioned the back end... then he want and looked again and changed his mind  :D :D