Lunch Time for the Two Fergies!

Andy

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you could do with one of the beacons from those eh Nath...... :D;) ;)

Nice pic Andy...... :) :) ;)

I was just thinking the same NH2. I've got cash waiting for the first person to borrow one off a MF  ;) ;) ;)

Thanks MFF - I had the same problem last night too - thought it was just my PC :)

That's a serious amount of money, especially if you can cut them to pieces on stoney ground - Imagine living in a stoney area and having to shell out for those every few months ::)

We farm on stoney ground, a set of 20.8r42 rear tyres on my Renault 836rz cut out within 18 months, gets expensive as they should have cost around ?3000 when we got them, now have a set of wider 620/70r42 and 480/70r30 Firestone on there which cost about ?2500, been on since August and are already badly cut and down to 60%tread left!! ::) ::)

luckily i'm only a worker and not the bill payer, its not just tyres, its wearing parts too, when we took on the farm 4 years ago it cost ?7500 in plough parts to plough 1200 acres in the autumn! still costs around ?4000 according to our boss! An old boy who worked for a carrot grower who rented fields there years ago said they used to cut a set of Armer Salmon lifting belts out every day!!

i had that happen to our Claas Lexion 460 3 years ago, bent a 25' table auger like a banana, it cost ?6500 to replace it on insurance, then bent the accelerator drum with one last year, another ?2500 on insurance!! Too many big flints and laid barley crops don't mix!!! ::) ::)

Guest Fendt pwr

luckily i'm only a worker and not the bill payer, its not just tyres, its wearing parts too, when we took on the farm 4 years ago it cost ?7500 in plough parts to plough 1200 acres in the autumn! still costs around ?4000 according to our boss! An old boy who worked for a carrot grower who rented fields there years ago said they used to cut a set of Armer Salmon lifting belts out every day!!

So they didn't destone the land before planting the carrots?Did they water the crops? that land your talking about must give the irragation hose hell. :'(

from what i could make out from the elderly gent in question he was talking about the 1970's when there wasn't alot of that going on about here. We never irrigate for anything although it is stony and sandy soil and things still do well here. Anything before 1980 is before my time, i'm only a mere boy!! ;D::) ::)