Weathering 2... Markies attempts

I didn't want to hijack Bren's lovely topic... but Mrs F found my badger airbrush in the cupboard tonight... I've had a quick go at weathering myself... thanks to Brens encouragement with his wonderful topic... Badger hooked up to my big compressor... through a regulator at 20psi

Not great... but for my first effort I am quite pleased really... I think I have got a bit OTT on the paint... let me know what you think... and don't just be polite please... I can take the truth  :D :D

DSC_6254.jpg

DSC_6258.jpg

I also found a box of UH 35x's a few months ago... so I will be experimenting on them soon I think  :-\

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the  stain on the back were the pipe comes out, good start.

But try to build the coats up little by little and do the detail areas first then the main area e.g the inside of the arms. by the look of the spray pattern the paint  could have been a little thinner then you could turn the pressure down for some fine detail

I didn't want to hijack Bren's lovely topic... but Mrs F found my badger airbrush in the cupboard tonight... I've had a quick go at weathering myself... thanks to Brens encouragement with his wonderful topic... Badger hooked up to my big compressor... through a regulator at 20psi

Not great... but for my first effort I am quite pleased really... I think I have got a bit OTT on the paint... let me know what you think... and don't just be polite please... I can take the truth  :D :D

I also found a box of UH 35x's a few months ago... so I will be experimenting on them soon I think  :-\

You found it then? I have not had chance to get into it yet mate....

:-[:-[ :-[ Sone though....... just need a work bench in the flat.........

Not bad at all Marky for a first attempt, one small suggestion try taking the pic without the flash and I think you'll see more contrast and detail in the picture, as flash washes out colours  ;)

I'll do that tonight... it does look a BIT better in the flesh... not a lot mind you  :-[

You are on the right track mate, get some mat black or satin black that gloss stands out, pokes you in the eye a bit, the red oxide looks good, try to get into the small areas as they are were the oil and muck hide at the min it looks odd as it's showroom under the seat and behind the wheels then 30years old on top of the mudgars etc ;)

Do you know how to dry brush?