40 members have voted

1. 1. Large or small wheels

• Large
    • Small

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers Marcus  ;) yes i know they are a little bit to big mate but you can have larger wheels on the real one to  ;)

I will take a pic with the smaller original wheels on,maby it would look better  :);)

And then i will make a poll  :) :) (good idea Marcus)  :D

hope you dont mind peter , but i can show you the look with smaller wheels

i'll delete these late if you want

the first pic is of my TW on big britains wheels

the second is of my 7710 on smaller size newray wheels , tyres look right to fit on a 67 but the wheels are 6 lug wheel to rim not the usual 8

(just click on pic to enlarge for a better view)

It has bin very interesting to read all the replay's to the 6710 that Peter build for me after my Dads 6710, first off all i am as proud as a monkey with seven tails that this tractor will be on my shelf soon, i was always very happy with this machine, great for hauling loads, and field work, excellent cab for its time, very well build tractor.

In real life the wheels on this machine were 14.9/38 rear and 13.6/24 front.

The tractors i can compare to were the tractors i operated back than, It would out pull and lift the JD 2140 my neighbor had, the JD 2850HL a friend off my dad had would be about the same to the 6710 altough it should be better.

I was always happy to run a Renault 80-14 but that was also no match to our ford, Than there was a Valmet 705 witch was probably the best machine in its class at the time.

Erik.

i think the 6710 is rather like the MF550, it's looked liked it could do more than it actually could , .

have you any TIMS toys wheels from the deutz or massey ? or failing that ROS wheels from the older massey 3000 or fiat/ fendt efforts

failing that tell us what you have got & help you decide  :D

Peter, i think it looks brillant no matter what wheels are on it, i like the ones you had on it first best though, the smaller narrows that were on the  britains 5610 etc look to small i think?

Very nice mate

Cheers Adam  ;) i will wote for the bigger ones to  ;)