Gav's Farm

Gav836

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been doing a bit more on the shed this afternnon, it's gained another bay ;D  I'm going to keep to the Britains buildings as with a bit of creative engineering you can keep extending them by gluing them together :) Just have the guttering and ridge to sort out now on it.

likeminded i think gav  :)

thought ?

dont do too much yard , after all you can store machinery at another  unseen farm but would be great to see more fields in displays , & you got just the sort of machines we like to see out in the fields not sat in barns .

good start gav  :)

I've done a bit more today, unfortunately for Martin the potatoes are all done in house so there's no land for him to rent :D in fact its the potato field that I've been working on today, only a small bit to start with but I'm quite pleased with how its turned out so far. Th ridges were made with 12mm window beading and then covered with scatter material. They will be getting another coat of scatter once the glue has dried on this coat :)

DSCN0338.jpg

DSCN0339.jpg

DSCN0337.jpg

I've also painted the yard with more of a concrete coloured stone effect paint, need another can though except the shop has sold out

DSCN0341.jpg

Cheers guys. Soil would be too messy to work with and get into shape for the potato field Jez, this looked like the easiest and cleanest way of doing it. I might use soil for the next field but not sure yet ;):)

hey mate, so will this be fixed in the room or moveable so you can take it to shows?

silly boy jez  ::)  the idea is for it to be fixed so for one weekend a year we all go to gavs house we drink his coffee & eat his biscuts & gav gets the satisfaction that we've seen his display in the real so to speak , also a rumour going about he was going to lend us all a fiver to help with our fuel costs just to get there. top man our gav  :D :D

top job on those potato rows gav , what scatter have you used as from what i see they're looking a coaldust colour ?

Its fixed in place Jez as for what I wanted to do with it it was going to be easier.

I don't remember the fiver bit Marcus, tea yes, biscuits maybe but money will make me break out into a cold sweat :D :D

Thanks mate :) Its a mixture of three different scatters, 'dark earth', 'fine earth' and 'fine soil' as each on there own didn't look right ;)

looking good Gav, good to see its higher than spaniel height....although one of ours would be on there!

does the 'irrigator dolly' go over the ridges ok??

how do you keep you 'dolly' on the irrigator?, my holder thing keep falling down :-\ :-\

It does Ben, but just need to modify the front towing bar of it slightly, I may yet redesign the whole gun so it is more realistic :)

The carrying frame stays up ok on all 5 of my irrigators, I haven't modified any of them ;)

ooooooo bit evasive on the biscuts there gav, touched a nerve there have we eh ? :D

i used soil on the quadrants i had , topped with lychen , so the same for you ? or topped haulm for your crop

Well I think some will settle for the dog biscuits mate, not me but sean may be happy with them???