Hello all, newb here!

ferrit

Just wanted to introduce myself as I have been lurking for just over a week or so.

I am not only a newbie to the site but also to farm models. I became interested in farm models as a result of little ferrit getting a toy farm from his gran for Christmas, its a bit carppy but he seems happy enough. Unfortunately there was a distinct lack of mechanisation on this farm and I thought I better rectify this situation pretty sharpish, and that's how I found the site via google. Anyway I figured if the wee man is going to play with these models (and me too ;D) I better start small. Well pricewise anyway!.

So our first piece of kit arrived today a Siku Fendt 936 Vario. Now this has just made things worse and now I cannot stop thinking what to buy next, for me this time though. The Weise Fendt 515c and the Wiking Claas Axion 850 have taken my fancy. Whether little ferrit will get his hands on them is another matter.

Just a bit of background I work at Myerscough College just outside Preston, which is a pretty large land based college (read Agricultural) so there is plenty of full sized inspiration kicking about.

Here's a few pics of our first acquisition for the fleet.

DSCF0261.jpg

DSCF0254.jpg

DSCF0255.jpg

DSCF0257.jpg

DSCF0258.jpg

Welcome to FTF, i cant see the pics at work, they ban photobucket links for some silly reason!! >:( >:(>:(

hope you enjoy it on here, i know that your spending wont stop now!!!, some of us are on our 3rd motgages! :D :D

any probs, dont hesitate to contact the support staff or moderators

oh and any MF's......be careful, Marky Ferguson will drool over them! :D :D

Good Morning Ferrit, what an entrance. Great tractor there mate, little Ferrit should be happy as a ferrit in a warren with that one. Talking of which, with a name like Ferrit you should get on great with Powerrabbit!! :D

Please stay away from Leveret's Farm though :-[:D (thats my layout).

Any questions, just message a Mod. Names in blue on the 'Whos Online' part or from the 'Staff' tab.

Enjoy FTF ;)

Cracking first post... nice to have a new member in our hobby... and on the forum as well...

Some nice pics as well... thanks for sharing and welcome aboard from me as well  ;)

I'll enjoy watching your collection grow... and the money dripping slowly out of your wallet  :o;):D :D

There is no going back now you know... you are hooked - life gets better from here on in  ;)

I'll enjoy watching your collection grow... and the money dripping slowly out of your wallet  :o;):D :D

Thanks for the welcome everyone :)

I must say I cannot stop looking at stuff and thinking oohhh that next.

And in reply to Lord Ferguson's quote above, its not really my money its the little guys college fund and inheritance.  ;)

I don't have any particular allegiances to one particular manufacturer so will probably buy what takes my fancy. Although at the moment I am drawn to Fendts and Claas.

However work run a mixed fleet of JD's, Same, Ford's, JCB with the odd Massey and International thrown in for good measure. I hope to get round to taking some pictures of the machinery at the college to post up. The guys in the Mech department  are currently refurbing a Claas Jaguar Forage Harvester (680 I think) that might be quite interesting.

Anyhoo thanks again guys