MF40 Loader

I've never known one without a hydraulic clamp on it, our old neighbour used to run one on a pre-force 5000 major with a trip loader on, he just had a pipe running from the trailer valve on the back all the way up the jib, then it had a spring to open it when the oil was dumped.... That 135 looks infinitely better than the standard now John, fantastic sir...  ;D

Cheers Simon - I did think hydraulics would be required but wouldn't have been surprised by some fiendish lever system  :)

Better get right on it now  :D

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont ever remember a ram ect at the top john, not in the day they were new, seem to remember much the same as simon said to be honest, but i have seen one converted to a ramsystem recently, not sure what tractor it went on, as it was just sat in the grass on the side of the drive way into the farm, was deff being used at some point in the year mind as the worn metal area wasn't rusted up, looked fresh wear on it

On the Perry loader and the 'copy' from McConnell, the front arms worked like scissors with a cross-wise ram at the rear of the arms with the pipe plumbed to an oil feed from the tractor with a shut-off in line, drop the loader via the tractors hydraulic lever, open the valve in the oil pipe to the bale squeezer and the arms would open, drive into the stack of bales, switch over the valve to feed the oil to the sqeezer, arms close on the bales, then raise the tractor hydraulic lever and up you go with the 6 or 8 bales.  Heres the ones I made, first one is the Lawrence Edwards 'Perry Loader' and the second is the McConnell version, the 'Bale Slave'.

PerryLoaderLoaded.jpg

McConnellBaleLoader2.jpg

Brilliant modellling work there John, really looks the part, but I would have said thats a MF 35 loader , not a 40. The underframe on the tractor is different on a 40, as it sweeps upwards and the sideposts are shorter with two different positions for the loader rams, have a look at these photos from the MF 35 and 40 brochures.

post-611-132639014692_thumb.jpg

post-611-132639014717_thumb.jpg

Fair cop, Allis :-[:-[

I was working from Marky's scanned brochure pics mainly ('cos my memory is dodgy) and sort of mixed them up - 35 it is then  :D

No critisism of your work intended John, it's first class, I reckon as a 35 it's just about perfect.

Nice job!

Like the front loader and back weight 8)

Keep up the good work!

Now waith untill Johny mf will respond :D

Well a late respond  :-[ somehow i missed this topic :-[

but it looks great not totaly love loaders onn tractors but youve done a great job onn this one ;)

That is looking very smart jdc :)much prefer the square arches on it too.

Would love to see someone put a cab on one of these uh 135's.

hmm thats the one thing i'm not so keen on , i much prefer the shell arches , i spose that really reflects on the tractors i know

• 3 weeks later...

very nice work john , will you also be making the removeable grill guard come loader stand to go with it as well ?

Er, yes Marcus  ;D    Here it is finally finished, loading one of Dad's Tractors rather nice Pettits.

With bucket.

mf35_bucket.jpg

and fork.

mf35_down.jpg

mf35_high.jpg

mf35_tip.jpg

very nice john, tried to get mine to have swapable attachments but i couldnt get my head round it, is that just a notch cut out thats it?? may try it on my 80 loader when i do it

Yep it is Sean - I was going to put latches on but the prototype was so fiddly I abandoned the idea, but may try again at some point  :)