At Work with Ricky

MODELFARMER

4 cylinder = not thirsty ;D the new 4cylinders are tuned so well they have loads of power, but when on an a trailer their is very little difference in fuel consuption! we tested a TS125A and  a TS110A at work ,,mowing the 110 was better drawing dung 125 was better  but the 110 had 50k :-\  4 cylinders ar getting popular and i have seen a lot of them replacing 6 cylinders recently,

but ya a 6 cylinder on a 4cylinder chassis would be a beast to pull  ;D ;D

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thats not always true

I used less fuel per acre on my 6930 than my 6420s on the powerharrow both same soil types and working depth

64 has autoquad gearbox

69 has autopower (vario)

@ 50pence per litre the 69 used £3.10 of fuel per acre

64 used £4.60 of fuel per acre

Both traveling at 6mph

Work that one out!!

There are a few of theorys

1. The 6930 isn't under constant stress doing it, the 6420s is labouring the whole time

2. the Autopower gearbox might have a very big role to play in usage, eg at ends when harrow lifted she drops revs to 1500 then fires up again when shaft on again, 64 flat out all the time (both using HMS SHAFT ON + OFF EVERY END)

3. The 6420s is chipped (140-145HP), however is is the more expensive ship, which is supposed to work with the management and not simply pump in extra fuel

Any more ideas on that??

We did monitor closely to make it as fair as we could.

Put that in yer pipes and smoke em. ha ha!

just depends on the what your doing i suppose  :-\ but the vario would make a big difference !

but at work they remapped the TS110A to 140-150 ish more on the shaft or something!  :-\ after we did that test and it hasn't got heavier on fuel but on certain jobs it is way lighter and the remap made a massive transformation and we are tow 2-3 gears up! but after a year its ammm... (missing the top of the exhaust ) ::) ::)::) ::)::):P

have it on a grimme twin row spud harvester and destoner then gives most of its summer on the sprayer or mowing

got the demo stuck eh, mind you it looks wet enough to have got the bigger stuff stuck to mind . looks a nice compact machine doesn't it

so is this on the cards to replace the 6420s then

No way

If and when it'll be a 6630 on 650 rears

got the demo stuck eh, mind you it looks wet enough to have got the bigger stuff stuck to mind . looks a nice compact machine doesn't it

ha ha Its exactly the same size as the 66-68+69 only with a 4pot power plant.

I made deep tracks turning on this bit, I knew i'd be stuck, If it'd been my 69 she'd have sunk deeper!

Found out today that pond in background, the soill from it was piled where i dropped, hence the soft deep damp soil = no hard bottom hence chain required ha ha!

Its an autoquad (6 main "normal" gears 4 in the splitters) auto means u can have the splitter 4 automatic but the main ranges are clutch + make yer arm do a bit of work ha ha

good to hear ricky. would you say the 6420s is a better tractor for power than the 65. my mate ran one of the first 65 i think that was towards the end of the 00 series and soon changed it for a 6 cylinder 6810 said it was a bit heavy for a 4 cylinder machine.

good to hear ricky. would you say the 6420s is a better tractor for power than the 65. my mate ran one of the first 65 i think that was towards the end of the 00 series and soon changed it for a 6 cylinder 6810 said it was a bit heavy for a 4 cylinder machine.

The 65 and 64 are the same engine, this 6534 is the 1st deere have with 4pot in a 6 chassis all previous 65's 6500 6506 6510 6520 +6530 are all 6cylinders unless i missed something ha ha!.

I THINK the early 65's were straight 6's then later they turboed them??

In my opinion, if you need power you by a 6 cylinder, if you dont you buy a 4 cylinder, but if you need balence and not power this is what deere are trying like the valtras/valmets but to me screwing this much horse from a 4 pot is sensless buy a 66 and she'll last longer i reckon

100% agree with you Ricky that it is a 6cyl in a 4cyl chassis that is needed.

It would have been better if this had the bigger tractors gearbox too!

The autopower box? Just to tick that box when ordering and you shall have,  oh and a few thousand £ too ha ha!

Exact same spec 66 as this 65 is £2750 extra, Would be very well spent in my eyes

That drive shaft looks expensive..........dread to think of the damage that could do if it does the same trick as some of the 20 series ones :of

ha ha!

It longer than the rest but i'd like to think they've got over that hurdle by now  ;D

• 2 weeks later...