Grain Bins

jdc

Yes I know! It is a model of an Opico type portable auger which has the wheels that way round. It will be more of a toy, so I hope he won't complain.

Probably just do what I would  do...pick the thing up with the fork lift 'cos the tyres are perished  ;D

Tel me about the wheels, how is the ogar supposed to move between bins??? Should it not pivot in the pit where the trailers dump and then the wheels should be at 90 degrees to they way they are now so it can "Swing" between Bins??

i have seen a simialr set up to that with a auger that is on wheel like that,they just shift it round to the next bin and done,jdc

what did you make the auger out of,i need to make one for my small silo and the internal silo in the granairy

• 2 months later...

I was at a Farm Toy Dealers the other weekend and they showed me a sample of a 1:32 Round Grain Silo kit,  you can make them up to any height and they are detailed with doors etc.  they Look very good, they should become available in the New Year, as for cost a price hasent been fixed yet

Seen these in Germany "Q", bl00dy pricey too.  :o :o :o :o

Guest quangova

Seen these in Germany "Q", bl00dy pricey too.  :o :o :o :o

Gonna be about a ?16-17 a ring in the UK (3 rings make a complete bin) + a bit more dosh for the roof) so about ?55-60 intaotal for one complete, i have been offered the chance to be a stockist, but i doubt they would sell other then to a few serious modellers, but who knows might get a few in to see what happens

Guest quangova

I wouldn't bother, you're likely to see some a lot cheaper than that I would think.  ;)

not unless someone else starts making some, when they dont sell i'm sure they'll come doen in price then

What is the diameter of a grain bin lads - got an Idea I could make one with my wood lathe then clad afterwards (if the cladding will roll round and not split)  ???

had thought about that when i was bending the cladding for and elevator belt the other day in your garage :)

i'll look on the net for sizes but i'm sure a farmer will be quicker :D :D :D::)

Thanks Ben... I reckon we (I) could make the body and roof on the wood lathe... although I seem to remember you showing me the roof structures somewhere before in a catalogue... was it EMA  ???

Mind you... OSMA pipe may do it anyway with cladding on  ???