Marky's visit to Beauvais... the home of MF tractors...

Lord Ferguson

mags like Tractor & Machinery do tours to such factories...not so easy now they're not in UK of course. I went with them on day trips to JCB at Rocester,Staffs; MF at Banner Lane Coventry (RIP) and NH at Basildon a few years ago without having to buy a  new tractor...phew!!  ;) At the time I think they were about £50/day,... glad I did it when I did, though I had waited about 25 years to get to the FORD (NH by then) factory, despite our family having had Ford tractors since the late 1920s.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this the factory you went to Marky, next door to the Nestle factory!!!

http://wikimapia.org/#lat=49.4209124&lon=2.1101904&z=15&l=0&m=a&v=2

Yes that's the one Barry.... It's Hoooge - I did see the Nestle one on the way past as well  :)

Looks as though you had an enjoyable time Mark ;) ;)

Brilliant Bill.... It was a once in a lifetime experience

mags like Tractor & Machinery do tours to such factories...not so easy now they're not in UK of course. I went with them on day trips to JCB at Rocester,Staffs; MF at Banner Lane Coventry (RIP) and NH at Basildon a few years ago without having to buy a  new tractor...phew!!  ;) At the time I think they were about £50/day,... glad I did it when I did, though I had waited about 25 years to get to the FORD (NH by then) factory, despite our family having had Ford tractors since the late 1920s.

T & M hey... I know a man at T & M  ;D - maybe I could get to go twice  ;D:D :D :D

the green dealership i am with currently sold over 230 tractors last year and have got bulging order books at the moment both tractors and combines. massey will definitely benefit and move forward with fendts technology without it in the bigger tractor sector they would have struggled. the problem is in my area is there simply isnt enough back up available and farms are getting swallowed up into bigger units  using other brands.traditionally around here mf were on mixed farms and livestock farms with numbers of both disappearing or gone the market place has shrunk. my point of view from trade point of view mf in this area have got some serious catch up to do- i worked for ford dealership when ford suffered big reliability problems late eighties /beginning nineties  even now new holland are still fighting the comeback locally. case ih are suffering fall from grace locally . i believe for mf too achieve serious inroads/return to uk strong market position it isnt so much re -establishing the tractor market share but the combine market aswell. also believe the mf brand part of agco group should stand alone as an mf brand when it comes to back up.

sure each dealerships different nick, was only saying what i was told by my uncle thats all, hes been working there for 30 years odd now straight from school, so i guess he sees whats in and out, as for this way, it is true lot more new fergys appearing than others in general of late, yes mf are behind at present, but its actually on the up this way as for round my uncles way i dont know what else is doing well to take the jd trade, but it is happening, which is good to see

sure each dealerships different nick, was only saying what i was told by my uncle thats all, hes been working there for 30 years odd now straight from school, so i guess he sees whats in and out, as for this way, it is true lot more new fergys appearing than others in general of late, yes mf are behind at present, but its actually on the up this way as for round my uncles way i dont know what else is doing well to take the jd trade, but it is happening, which is good to see

thats good i am not knocking mf i do believve to establish itself it needs to be stand alone in the market place. now they have got vario technology  a fastrac type development would make them  again.also i believe they need to re-generate the implement/attachment side of the buisness or at least work with approvved equipment  like years ago to give customers  a brand with all the supporting machinery. massey ferguson were well known for that type of buisness  its what people knew massey ferguson was all about. thats how claas are gaining foot holds in the market with a big range the same as jd and cnh they have all adopted the old ways - massey need to get back into it the same way. it also needs soeone to get a good hire fleet of all spec levels especially top specs to go out in the market place head to head with other players.  big catch ups need big moves . fendt may be big in europe and growing here to a fair extent but massey need to go head to head in the world and not be in the shadows.

Great pictures Marky so i think i am going to have to buy a new massey to get there then :)

good lad.... go for it mate  ;):D :D

Nick...

I hear what you are saying.... MF are very confident about their product of late.... sales of big machines are up 28% was the figure I was quoted.  I was at a JD dealers today (buying a trailer)... and he openly admitted that the red boys had taken some ground of late.

I guess it's like everything.. it's not good to 'gloat' - MF have made some pretty big boo boo's with their range in the past - it's an on-going 'battle' these manufacturers wage against each other.  I think adding a 5 year warranty on the current MF products has helped no end... and I guess it's a mark of confidence in their range at the minute.

I am sure the tables will turn sometime in the future... as they have done histoically in the past  :-\

good lad.... go for it mate  ;):D :D

Nick...

I hear what you are saying.... MF are very confident about their product of late.... sales of big machines are up 28% was the figure I was quoted.  I was at a JD dealers today (buying a trailer)... and he openly admitted that the red boys had taken some ground of late.

I guess it's like everything.. it's not good to 'gloat' - MF have made some pretty big boo boo's with their range in the past - it's an on-going 'battle' these manufacturers wage against each other.  I think adding a 5 year warranty on the current MF products has helped no end... and I guess it's a mark of confidence in their range at the minute.

I am sure the tables will turn sometime in the future... as they have done histoically in the past  :-\

bring back field day demonstrations and demo tours- stand alone as a brand thats what they need here in the uk so everybody can go and have a good day out whoops i meant to say go and carefully evaluate the products. nearly forgot my professional hat there! really though an excuse for day out at a demo is great no matter what the colour whoops done it again - oh who cares bring back lots of field day tours