Marky's visit to Beauvais... the ride and drive part

Lord Ferguson

MF had kindly set up a ride and drive area for us... it was just outside Beauvais near the airport on an old German WWII airfield site...

They had a few machines to try out... I got a go in all but one of them.... anyway... first of all... I got to try out a 5455 droopy dyna 4 - fitted with my loader - not much new to me... but the dyna made life a lot nicer... my next machine HAS to be a dyna for sure now  :P

IMGP2791.jpg

IMGP2792.jpg

I had a drive around the airfield on the new 8690... and what a truly beautiful machne she was too  :o - with the same Fendt vario backend.... it was simply a dream to drive..

IMGP2793.jpg

You can do 53km/hr in any rev range you choose... so for instance... running empty with a trailer in tow you could do 1200 rpm and still be at 53k  :o :o

IMGP2793.jpg

Interestingly... that is the very same 8690 I snapped at Weatherheads a couple of weeks ago  :o

I had a go on this lady... fitted with air brakes... WOW is all I can say... they stop on a sixpence... literally... just a touch of the pdeal and you were nearly through the windsceeen  :o :o

IMGP2796.jpg

IMGP2798.jpg

I've just realised that I didn't get a pic of the 7499 - I got a go on that.. it had front a rear mounted cultivators demonstrating the headland management system - that was HUGELY impressive - it drops the front down (all preset first of course)... as you drive off... it then drops the back down (right where the front has started) and adjusts the pressure to level out the tractor (IE. Puts more pressure on the front while the rear implement is still up... as soons as it drops the back down it levels it all up - this keeps the penetration uniform I guess)

Finally... I DIDN'T get a go on this (too much time chatting and smoking fags)... the new MF autoglide system... similar to the JD system I believe... all how had a go on it said they were very impressed... in summary it's complete auto control of the tractor  :)

IMGP2797.jpg

you can just see the 7499 behind the tent in this pic  :-[ - sorry... let you down there  :'(

IMGP2799.jpg

I think I must be Johnny... the 8690 was the highlight of my tour I reckon ... what a fantastic machine.... Oh how I want one  :P :P :P

My wish list is growing now..

Vario

Air Brakes

Dyna 6 (if I can't afford vario)

50k box

:o::):D :D :D

lots of joint technology with fendt

what type of gears are in your mf marky ?? i thought you could only get dyna 4 and 6 ???  :-\ :)

I'm a standard 4 on the stick Rich.... with a splitter what not... (speedshift I think it's called mate)  :-\

lots of joint technology with fendt

Indeed Nick... on the larger machines there is... and now the same skid unit colour as well

Very nice photographs Mark, that 8690 looks rather impressive, i'm hoping to firstly photograph and then maybe get a road or field test in a 6499 later this year. There's big dairy farm back up the road from my friends farm with the 6290 and 3085 that has recently bought one to replace a John Deere 7800.

hi mark how did you get togo the factory invite? or through a dealer,also great work in classic massey,paul

thanks Paul... yes I got invited by my dealers for buying my 5445... thanks for the CMFE comments... I've not read it myself yet I must confess  :-[

You'll be hugely impressed with the 6499 I reckon David... is she a 50k model with front axle and cab suspension mate ???

I'm not sure to be honest Mark, I have yet to see the tractor in the flesh, i'm heading back over to my friends farms on wednesday to help out so will hopefully find out some more about it, looking forward to the experience if I get the chance. :)

well i think i have to talk to my dealer when he is going to give me a trip like that :D

Serious i think iff you drive the 8690 you feel like the king off the world ;D

go fot it Johnny.. they can only say yes of no mate I guess  :-\

King of the world indeed in the 8690... the English expression is 'like a pig in poo poo' (well.. that's the under 16's version anyway)

I'm not sure to be honest Mark, I have yet to see the tractor in the flesh, i'm heading back over to my friends farms on wednesday to help out so will hopefully find out some more about it, looking forward to the experience if I get the chance. :)

well I am looming forward to the pictures already David  :P :P