My Model Builds - Past and Present.

B O R

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thank you...i didnt like the standard prosol harrow,its not a popular make here in NI and it now means much more to me as a kverneland.they have always been renowned for high quality products and are a highly popular brand....id like more kv models so hopefully in time!!!!

More stunning work Brian, I like the idea of converting a rarely seen model into one from your local area ;D

Are the transport kits popular in your area? I havent ever seen one on a power harrow before, mainly on drills

no  the transport kits arent popular where i live because most of the power harrows here are under 4 meter..about 25 mile away from me there is much more tillage and cereal growing and theres plenty of 4 meter harrows about there...a neighbour who used to use a howard 120" rotavator on a mf 1155 had a transport kit on it way back in the mid 70,s..he used that rotavator for years and years,it sure was a heavy looking bit of kit,he once told me the rotavator was 2.5 ton but id say he exaggeratted a bit....to be honest the prosol model harrow is a very good item and there,s a lot of potential for converting them...here are 2 pics of 2 prosol harrows converted to MASSEY FERGUSON 768 machines,one front and one rear mounted,there was small changes to make to the prosol but it was nice having it as a start

post-1779-132639701805_thumb.jpg

post-1779-132639701833_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

2 more pics....i havent been idle,been getting through lots of back orders recently of mainly foragers,these are the last remaining orders ill be taking...however ive lots of new exciting projects on the go for myself.expect to see a potato planter before the end of week,no clues as to what it is but i spent the best part of 3 days at it,and a new tractor too..and a world of new ideas but finding the time now is difficult

post-1779-132639734183_thumb.jpg

post-1779-132639734199_thumb.jpg

the aforementioned planter and tractor have been build over the last 3 weeks and im currently awaiting decals for them at least the hard bit is done...i find now im getting less and less interested in taking orders and am enjoying the model building now more as a hobby for my own wants.....they go on and on and it is hard getting the time between working but the amount of hours i was spending in my workshop building for other people was becoming unhealthy and simply couldnt go on..

Based on the kuhn yes,with lots of modifications,next one will be for myself.the problem with the uh kuhn is that the whole plough sits too far back from the tractor wheel,ive corrected this by cutting the spacer between the headstock and the plough and bringing them closer together.also the uh kuhn has the totally wrong geometry for the plough to work so this also has to be corrected...these 2 ploughs ive done to date are very time consuming and when there converted and painted theres still around 2 hours work to do as the green and silver bits are hand painted and each received 3 coats.a few have priced the plough and when they heard £110 it was instantly too dear,not too dear though for me after all the work carried out so i decided not to do them to sell apart from these 2 for existing and good customers. to be honest the building to sell  end of things now dont interest me much as the kind of model builds ive got into of late simply wouldnt pay to build to sell,a perfect example is the potato planter ive just finished for myself,its a one off but i kept note of the time and material along the way and the price would work out at around £250-300 if i was to sell it, and i decided no one would pay that for a planter so thats why i only made one for myself rather than not getting covered for the time etc involved.the fact is that complex builds require time and time has a price and this has led me to getting out of the whole selling end of things and back to my lifelong hobby of building what i need for myself and its much more rewarding to keep it i find...........

my planter and a few other items have been sitting ready for decals now the last 3 weeks,they got lost in post!!!    so there,ll be new goodies along soon....here is my new drilling tractor,the hose alongside the cab still needs tidying up and im planning a new paint job for the fendt soon

post-1779-132639747878_thumb.jpg

post-1779-132639747886_thumb.jpg

that is one beautiful combination. especially what is on the back. Well done as usual! You see many of these kind of outfits working this time of year... always wondered why these are forgotten by many manufacturers... You surely made another masterpiece here. Many hours must have gone into this...

i wouldnt have as big of a collection as some members here but most of what i have i have made which i like.ive some very hot stuff on the go at the minute,just awaiting decals at minute for some of it,ive  been working hard on a new mf tractor so itll be along soon

the kv plough is another masterpiece brian excellent detail as expected from you and the kuhn combiliner venta is another stunning piece of kit that compliments the fendt , looking forward to you posting pictures of your planter and new tractor

lightland no i never get sick of model making but only when its my own stuff.paulai i have most displayed in an open cabinet type thing with various seperate compartments,got it in ikea..........i cannot wait now to get my newest batch of models up on the forum,been working day and night at them..........some would have been along but the decals got lost in the post so are now resent.........

• 2 weeks later...

having had the privilage to view your collection brian i have to say you have an astounding unique , well displayed collection that most of us can only dream of having keep up the excellent work on your conversions and roll on the next model

Archived