Spalding Tractor Show... April 2009... a few pictures

Lord Ferguson

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

even though i was there for less than an hour, it was a superb show, well worth travelling 500 miles in total on saturday and back sunday afternoon.

didn't have chance to chat to any ftf members.. me grandad was rushed to hospital sat night and so i only got to have a quick look around as i wanted to get back but thankfully hes up and home now.. nothing can stop him.

me purchases in the purchase thread.

toytrac will be next so will make sure i chat to everyone.

was there many black beauties for sale there?

Wiking ones? I saw 4 for sale, one for £125, the other 3 for 150 Euros.

Didnt see any Siku ones, other than one collected from a dutch dealer

Great pics Marky..we were so busy I didn't really get a chance to look round so nice to catch up on stuff...

Superb weekend but must say a special thanks to our awesome boss for keeping us entertained on Saturday evening despite knowing he would always regret his actions for the rest of his days  :D :D

Great pics Marky..we were so busy I didn't really get a chance to look round so nice to catch up on stuff...

Superb weekend but must say a special thanks to our awesome boss for keeping us entertained on Saturday evening despite knowing he would always regret his actions for the rest of his days  :D :D

I asked him whether he knew what he was starting when he set up the forum.  Of course he didn't but he never voiced any regrets apart from it keeping him busy. 

Yes. Thanks Andy, I think you should be proud of your baby

I must say a big thankyou for everyone of you weirdos that bought something from us on the day  ;) (apart from those who bought the new dealer box Massey)  :'( yes you know who you are  ;)

Nice to meet a few more of you for the first time (sorry if I was pretending to be busy) but you got off likely ;)

Oh and isn't Sue lovely  ;):-*

She's a darlin ain't she Barry.... I spotted her in the car park before it opened [from Marky's pics from the day before ;)] and collared her like a long lost relative 'Auntie Sue, Auntie Sue!!!! :D :D.... I like your facial hair by the way mate, very fetching ;):D

She's a darlin ain't she Barry.... I spotted her in the car park before it opened [from Marky's pics from the day before ;)] and collared her like a long lost relative 'Auntie Sue, Auntie Sue!!!! :D :D.... I like your facial hair by the way mate, very fetching ;):D

Look here matey I appreciate the comments but I can't give you any more discount otherwise I'll be sleeping in bignose's tractor cab  :-[ Nah on second thoughts I'd prefer to sleep in a sewage works  :-*:-*

Just awaiting the next Speeding ticket then Simon  ;)

Look here matey I appreciate the comments but I can't give you any more discount otherwise I'll be sleeping in bignose's tractor cab  :-[ Nah on second thoughts I'd prefer to sleep in a sewage works  :-*:-*

Just awaiting the next Speeding ticket then Simon  ;)

I've been taking advice from Mike on it just now :D :D :D Think it'll be a summons not a ticket, sure I'm on 9 :o::) :'( :'(

At least those 5000's went to a good home ;) well, sort of :-\ I know they're all getting cut up but at least I'll love them ::):D :D

Nice pics there mark and simon, when i get home to nz i will put up my pics,

Was a aussome show, realy enjoyed it, i doubt i will ever see that many models under one roof in nz ever

Was a good night on sat, realy nice, was good to meet all of you there, made it easyer on sunday to name faces, realy enjoyed meeting all that i meet,

Congerats to the scratch build guys, some stunning work there,

I manged to get my bargin and pivk up all my orders. Made for a realy good weekend, i think i have pics of the saturday at markys...

I must say a big thankyou for everyone of you weirdos that bought something from us on the day  ;) (apart from those who bought the new dealer box Massey)  :'( yes you know who you are  ;)

Nice to meet a few more of you for the first time (sorry if I was pretending to be busy) but you got off likely ;)

Oh and isn't Sue lovely  ;):-*

Boys you are making me blush!  Simon really threw me as I was passing his car (to get your model, Barry) and he said "Hello Sue"

Thank you for the kind remarks and thanks to all the FTF-ers who made it such a wonderful weekend.  I really enjoyed being among such good friends.

You are MOST welcome to the pics everybody... but your thanks makes it all the more worthwhile though... so thanks for the thanks (if that makes sense... well it does to me anyway  :D:-[ )

Simon... you now owe me an Embassy Filter as you have reneged on our verbal contract  >:(:D :D

I've got the layouts and scratchy comp pics to post if someone hasn't got there before me... sorry to have been off-line today - I had some work to do at the weekend - which I had to to today for obvious reasons  :-[

Love to you all.. old friends and new - it was a truly cracking weekend from start to finish (apart from Seans drive in Frankie  :D :D )

So.. here's to the next one !  :-*

Sorry to Paul... I cound't get near his stand all day... so I could only snap it after a good day of sales  :-[:-*

I just found this picture on my camera that Tris took for me just as i'd finished setting up ;) ;)

post-96-132639073083_thumb.jpg

Bit rude don't you think?! Sue hates being called mate.

Fab photo's Mark, you do the show justice everytime .. .. .  and Traci !  :o:D She's going to kill me! Looking through those pics there is nothing there I wanted and missed bar maybe a Siku Lexion 480, when I went back it had gone. Always the way. Never go back a second time, just buy it the first.

Didn't miss any delaer box Carriers or Topdowns by the looks of it.

Brilliant to meet so many people for the first time, Nick, Pete, young Luke I caught on his way out, Harry, tractorman314, 51MON and Caroline, Robbo, probably more so apologies if your name has escaped me! Also just as nice to meet people again, too many to list. Met Brian at Royal Hihgland one year but was so quick neither of us remember it properly so that was good to catch up over a drink and some food agin. Saturday night was brilliant but I think the three weeks of 1am finishes what with the Scania and field boards I think I was in bed by 10pm. Nicks accent was fine for me apart from the sentance Sean mentioned, took Traci to decipher that!! The other one  I had trouble with was Mark (Smart) . ...  what the hell was he talking about?!! :D :D :D