My week

Pingu

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well both nice tractors and for the price the magnum is leagues ahead and will always be my first choice but is bit more then 50hp there's 100hp difference.  It was chipped but caused to many reliability issues on magnum so been disconnected :)  been on it all day today and air cons packed up :'(

You've got some nice machinery there now.  ;) There are quite a few SAM sprayers up here and they have a good reputation. I think there's one on 36m booms.

They were very popular but they did have an incident years ago where the booms fell off at a demo. They also dont seem enthusiastic on the sales side.

Its a Sands (Sands Agricultural Machinery) sprayer,designed and built near North Walsham here in Norfolk, 12 month waitinglist for a new one of them [img alt=;)]http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/Smileys/default/wink.gif

They also dont seem enthusiastic on the sales side.

They don't need to be forcing sales if there's a 12 month waiting list ;) Similar situation with Bateman sprayers.

You could argue they should increase production but costs would increase for them.

They don't need to be forcing sales if there's a 12 month waiting list ;) Similar situation with Bateman sprayers.

You could argue they should increase production but costs would increase for them.

there is a fair amount of work in building a sprayer, my previous boss and myself built a spraypack for the Mog, Brookman and Watson built the tank and we did the rest with a little help from a local firm. I do think the waiting lists are exagerated somewhat, i know of a large farm that wanted a Househam as soon as Bateman found out they slashed the price and the waiting list went from months to weeks.

When my old boss was looking for a replacement for the Mog he wanted to compare the Fastrac based SP Sands make, they wouldnt even talk to him.

A farmer i worked for in Sussex years ago was interested in a Chafer Pathfinder that Sands took in as a part exchange, it was advertised as 24m the rep was adament it was 24m so my then boss made him measure it, it turned out to be 18m!!!! i cant repeat what was said/shouted but a claim for expenses was made against Sands.

• 2 weeks later...