hedgerow hero's & forgotten friends

MJB1

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

heres a few pics of around our farm and our crimes against machines most of the machines shown will be being loaded into a scrap lorry in aound a fortnights time to pay a neighbour for doing odd jobs on machines so if anything catches your eye you better be fast  :laugh:

first up a 5 furrow conventional plough bought at a farm sale years ago for spares but not much was used off of it and a yard scraper and an automatic scraper

DSCF1445.jpg

next is a very old buckrake the first on the farm

DSCF1447.jpg

a bale sledge only used a hand full of times because it was awkard to bring between fields and we dont make much small bales anymore not in a hedge but still very much forgotten

DSCF1458.jpg

the muck fork from the 35 loader off the 165 it was never converted to suit the loader when it was converted to hydraulic verything major is still there but the sheet metal is rotting

DSCF1457.jpg

an mf wheel weight which has mf stamped on it and we have a second one of it but it is cracked in two anyone know what it might be from theres also a smaller weight that goes onto the larger weight but we only have one of them might keep these just out of interest plus might be handy for weighing something down

DSCF1456.jpg

heres a conventional 2 furrow plough all the boards disc and shares are still around im amased the wheel still spins freely and hasnt seized

DSCF1455.jpg

and theres more i dont know if thats good or bad  :laugh:

these are star forced seed corn drill made in nashmachs neck of the woods in wexford theres two one was for spares and they were replaced by a mf 30 seed drill thats still going sadly the smae can be said for these

DSCF1451.jpg

DSCF1450.jpg

heres a set of 3 small rollers i know theres a name for it but it escapes me at the minute i found the third in the bushes but i wasnt going in to get pics  :of  :laugh:

DSCF1449.jpg

DSCF1452.jpg

i dont know what type of harrow you call this its in three piece that fold down and the fingers are able to be adjusted to a depth by a lever similar to a 8 bale grab style thing again covered in ivy i cleared a few pallets and branches off it but it was ivy and brambles from then on so the backactor will do the rest when we pull it out  :D

DSCF1448.jpg

nothing major just piece of the steering off the 165 it was taken off after only a few months work when the power steering kit was fitted theres also the drawbar that came with it that was taken off when a pick up hitch was fitted again not worn just left out in the weather because it took up room im surprised the dealer didnt see that these things would wear out on other peoples machines and take them

DSCF1453.jpg

last pic i have but there more stuff around i just didnt get pics the neighbour were giving it to has a big 2wd buble cab ford with no side pannels so i dont know what it is it has a fine set of tyres on it but the rest is fairly buggered it might have been a spares one but if someone was doing one up im sure theres a fair bit could be used yet on it

this is a spring tine harrow we have it was terrible for our land because it pulled up everystone in the place a set of discs was bought quite soon after it was bought to replace it so the tines are originals and hardly worn theres also a chain harrow beside it too

DSCF1443.jpg

Blimey, there are going to be a few 'beer sales' made soon I reckon and this topic will die a death. Scrap is up nearly £400/t here  :of

really ? how heavy do you think that roller is tris ?

nice pictures denis , got a fair bit lying about , what make are the cultivators in the last picture ?

well i had a jolly to Ron Greets breakers yard the other day to look for some stabilizer chains of which i found , but while i was there i took a few pictures as i had a walk round .

Couldnt really decide where to post them but i thought the forgotten friends topic would be right , wether they're still runners or not they were all new & the pride & joy of their first owners at sometime in their life

a solitary zetor waiting for the cutters torch  :(

Image0353Small.jpg

a still fairly reasonable 3070 probably waiting to be stripped down for parts as is the once proud DB 1690

Image0352Small.jpg

NEW just in !  ;D  MF 675 4wd again waiting to be stripped for parts

Image0334Small.jpg

matter of fact i'll have those ;)

Image0351Small.jpg

grey fergie & 35 grave yard

Image0338Small.jpg

feeling down at wheel & tyred;D ;D

Image0337Small.jpg

not quite ready for the DB museum in Meltham Mills although i'm sure a few DB collectors would find something of interest to them :)

Image0340Small.jpg

if not in that pile maybe this one

Image0341Small.jpg

or maybe even this one

Image0344Small.jpg

maybe green's more your colour ;D

Image0345Small.jpg

could this possibly be jez's toybox ? or the new research centre?

Image0346Small.jpg

not found what you're looking for in any of those ? cheer up little camper don't be blue ..................

Image0347Small.jpg

Image0349Small.jpg

just goes to show really how well built the oldies are , & i'm sure i'm not the only person who's had the conversation along the lines of i wonder where that'll be in 20 years time  ;)

nice pictures marcus, come to think of it my 1390 looks like some of them girls in the piles you posted, i havce some wrecker pictures to add later, waiting on PB ;)

thanks nick , look forward to the pics  :)

Ok my wreckers yard isnt as flash as yours, but its allways good to go around

One of there lifting  loaders

IMG_2147.jpg

old jcb i belive

IMG_2148.jpg

think mac got a bit warm under the bonnet

IMG_2149.jpg

zetor awaiting death

IMG_2150.jpg

Chez bambi couldnt swim... story was it was winched out of a dam

IMG_2151.jpg

IMG_2152.jpg

now some combines

IMG_2153.jpg

IMG_2154.jpg

IMG_2155.jpg

last pic

the old boy was pushing up his bonfire and got stuck, this was the end result, did have bonnet and gaurds when it came in

IMG_2156.jpg

Nice updates Marcus and Nick...I could spend hours looking around yards like that.

We should maybe organise a FTF scrap heap challenge the reds versus the blues and greens and maroons ;) ;)

now that would be good viewing bill , i dare say at rons you could pick a fairly reasonable backend transmission & engine to build a complete tractor  :)

nice pics nick , nice finds on the zetor / deere tractors mate , whats wrong with the cabless 8045 though , looks ok from the pics

Nice pictures there Marcus - I note there are fewer Ford's than MF's though ;D ;D

well to be fair colm , fords are only worth scrap value at the best of times , so would cost more to strip for parts than what the parts are worth anyway ;)

colm    0

marcus  1

your turn  :);D

well to be fair colm , fords are only worth scrap value at the best of times , so would cost more to strip for parts than what the parts are worth anyway ;)

colm    0

marcus  1

your turn  :);D

BOOM BOOM BOOSH!!

I think it is because all those older Ford's are providing loyal service in Africa and Far East.

1-1.

would love to have week there and have a bash at making a Frankenstein 1394 out of that melthem pile marcuss

or a  Frankenstein IH 674 out of the doncaster "undead" pile  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

think of the new hybrid tractors that could roll out of that yard

would love to have week there and have a bash at making a Frankenstein 1394 out of that melthem pile marcuss

or a  Frankenstein IH 674 out of the doncaster "undead" pile  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

think of the new hybrid tractors that could roll out of that yard

ok nigel you have 8 hours from now before we all have to drool all over lisa rogers  ;D ;D

BOOM BOOM BOOSH!!

I think it is because all those older Ford's are providing loyal service in Africa and Far East.

1-1.

nice to see it serving it's new tribesmen  well do you think the kink in the cab frame is where the oxen pulls it along  ;D

DSCF2051Small.jpg

no colm i think it's because ford can't take the corosive effects dung has & farmers have learned their lesson & want tractors to be sold on not to sit in the yard & dissolve , thus the lack of ford scrap, ford just dont sell as many as they'd like you to think  ;D ;D

colm    1

marcus 2

;)

some great stuff in his yard aint there marcus, did you get anything else other than the check chains then?? cab parts etc,

no mate all that sort of stuff is skipped & if a 100 series came in with a complete flexi cab then it'd probably good enough for resale as a whole tractor

It just goes to show, no matter what colour they are, they all end up there at some stage. :D

well there you go colm a typical on the fence comment , well what would you expect from someone who owns both brands  :)

unfortunately you're right john  lets hope none of yours see that place in the near future  :)

Archived